Skyscraper Planned For Uptown/Galleria

Maybe we should come up with our own district map.

I approve of the previously-mentioned "Surface Parking District."

I'd like to add the "Can Smell The Bayou From Here District."

The "Lots Of Restaurants But Only Between 11am and 4pm District"

The "No Starbucks For Miles District"

and the "Supposed To Be Hip Living But Really Just Nasty And Old Musty Warehouse District."

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Since I'm the person who posted this thread originally, I will say that I have not heard anything new as I have not spoken to my contact to this information. While I am not familiar with the Hanover 55-story tower, this could be the same deal.

The person who told me about this 66-story tower is in charge of the Galleria Area Chamber of Commerce and he was specific with his information. Also, he was not trying to overly sell the area as his statement was rather matter-of-fact (in the context of BLVD Place). Unfortunately, when I was told this info, it was not an opportunity to dig deeper with questions and I have not had the opportunity to talk with him since.

So let the killing, speculating or ignoring begin. :lol:

Since I'm the person who posted this thread originally, I will say that I have not heard anything new as I have not spoken to my contact to this information. While I am not familiar with the Hanover 55-story tower, this could be the same deal.

The person who told me about this 66-story tower is in charge of the Galleria Area Chamber of Commerce and he was specific with his information. Also, he was not trying to overly sell the area as his statement was rather matter-of-fact (in the context of BLVD Place). Unfortunately, when I was told this info, it was not an opportunity to dig deeper with questions and I have not had the opportunity to talk with him since.

So let the killing, speculating or ignoring begin. :lol:

i'm not understanding... did your source mention this tower in addition to BLVD place, or did he imply that it would be part of it?

Is this the same bldg project planned for the future expansion at the Galleria?

Word on the street is that when Dillards lease is up they are going to demo the bldg and start Galleria VI (or whatever phase they're on to now) and build a high rise residential (comparable in height to the williams tower) with retail components at the base.

any truth to this?

Word on the street is that when Dillards lease is up they are going to demo the bldg and start Galleria VI (or whatever phase they're on to now) and build a high rise residential (comparable in height to the williams tower) with retail components at the base.

any truth to this?

Holy crap!

any truth to this?

There was talk about something similar to this years ago, I think when Lord & Taylor moved out of their space. But nobody said anything about height being similar to Williams Tower, and I'd cast serious doubt on any rumors to that effect.

How much business does that Dillard's do verses how much that land is worth to make it worth while? You would think Dillards would have moved into the galleria proper. I actually expected Macy's to close one of it's stores and Dillard's move in, that would have made much more sense. Or at least have the decency to build a sky walk to keep the pedestrians from playing Russian roulette on Post Oak.

Bloomingdale's would be great. However, didn't Dallas get one and it folded? They probably won't come back to Texas anytime soon.

Barney's new york used to be in both houston and dallas, and folded some time ago, then they came back with a co op here and a new york in dallas. I heard botega veneta used to be in the galleria left and came back.

Bloomingdale's would be great. However, didn't Dallas get one and it folded? They probably won't come back to Texas anytime soon.

Well, Bloomingdales is apart of the Macy's Corp., so I think putting one in the Galleria could be easy. I am not sure about the Dallas one.

And Dillard's looks so isolated from the rest of the mall. Why haven't they got around to connecting the two?

• Like 1

I believe rumor is true. I have heard that its a Ritz Carlton hotel w/ condos on the top and its part of the BLVD place development. I heard 60 stories not 66. This is in addition to Hanover's apartment tower.

And it went to department store discussions after this? Sheesh.

Has anyone else actually heard this? Any chance this is based in reality?

• The title was changed to Skyscraper Planned For Uptown/Galleria