Performing Arts Center In The Woodlands

The 38,000-square-foot Performing Arts Center, estimated between $12 and $ 14 million, will feature a 500-seat main stage theater, a 125-seat black box theater, a fully appointed dance classroom, choir, drama and band classrooms, a scene construction shop and a foyer.

The John Cooper School is the only fully accredited, independent, nonsectarian, Pre-K through Grade 12 college preparatory school in The Woodlands. In conjunction with Morris Architects, the school first developed an overall master site plan for the 43-acre campus. Construction of the Performing Arts Center, expected to open no later than August 2008, will complete the enrichment phase of the school

• 2 weeks later...

i saw a rendering and a model of this today. unfortunately, i haven't found anything on the internet that can easily be linked to. it will be nice. i'm interested to know if john cooper school will allow other local performing arts events in the new facility. there are two local theater companies and other performing arts groups that could benefit from a facility such as this. the Nancy Bock theater in McCullough (where the woodlands symphony and the two local theater companies perform) is just, OK.

i'll post a rendering when i come across one.

• The title was changed to Performing Arts Center In The Woodlands

Archived