The HP Corridor

I didn't consider how truly large the whole HP Corridor is. It goes by different names, predominately either the "HP Area" or "Lakewood Forest".

There are some 10,000+ homes in this area just along Louetta (south of 249). Zoned to 4 different High Schools (Cy-Creek, Cy-Fair, Cy-Woods, Tomball). Though I live in the area and have grown up in the general vicinity, I never really explored it until recently. While its all pretty nice, there are some hidden gems.

There are some really great neighborhoods throughout. From Lakewood Forest (which is the largest) to Lakewood Crossing, Longwood, Lakewood Glen, Lakewood Glen Trails, Lakewood Oaks Estates, Quail Forest (Lakewood XX??), Hunter's Valley (aka Hunterwood on HAR), Villaggio, Gettysburg, and Windcrest Falls...

The older neighborhoods IMO are a good buy. They just don't make them like that anymore with the big lots and the big trees.

Beyond Louetta, you could probably include the neighborhoods along Spring Cypress like Lakewood Trails, Village Creek, Northpointe Forest, Rock Creek, Indian Trails, Stablewood Farms, Stable Gate, the Reserve on Cypress Creek, the Settlement on Cypress Creek, etc (adding another 3-4000 homes).

You could certainly add the neighborhoods along Cypresswood like Norchester and Mandolin, further on back like Lakewood Trails, Lakewood West and Tuscany. (adding another 2-3000 homes).

Lots of great homes probably some 17,000-20,000 (double that if you include the other side of 249), zoned to great schools, in a beautifully wooded environment with parks and other amenities.

Still not done exploring, but this is a great little corridor.

Edited by mrfootball

i agree with you, mrfootball - this is an exceptional area of town. i've also done quite a lot of exploring, and the neighborhoods you mentioned are great places to live. As I mentioned before, we are casually house hunting and looking to purchase within the year...so I'm doing my homework and keeping my eyes open. Im very curious as to what the future of these neighborhoods will be. Most of these subdivisions seem to have kept their integrity over the years - I just pray it continues to go in a positive direction. A lot of "original owners" still live in these older neighborhoods. But on our evening walks, we have noticed more and more young families which is also great to see. I wonder if there is any interest in "house flipping" in these older neighborhoods? It would be great to see these charming houses get tasteful face lifts. In my opinion it just takes a few updated houses to get the ball rolling, with time more home owners jump on board...maybe just keeping up with the Jones'...but either way it benefits the integrity/beauty of the neighborhood. Have you, or anyone else, driven through the wooded area to the south of Grant Rd.? There are older homes back there, on an acre or more it seems. I'm not sure but I think I remember signs at the entrance of Grant to the subdivision but not sure what the name was...maybe it was Grantwood???. I think they took the signs down when they widened from two lanes to four. My husband really likes it back there - but I'm wondering if those lots are prone to flooding. One other area of concern to me is The Village in the Woods apartment complex. It's one of the oldest in the area - and it's really gone down hill. Such an eyesore - the retail center accross the street from the complex has also gone down with it. I've seen many restaurants come and go, none seem to be all that successful. I wonder if there are any plans to improve/update??? I'm keeping my fingers crossed that with the expansion of Grant, the structures along this road will also get a face lift. The management companies would be fools not to - obviously Grant Rd can handle more traffic now, I hope they take advantge of it.

I definitely agree with "house-flipping." Either that or you can just bulldoze the whole thing and rebuild from the ground up like I've seen in Champions Forest.

i agree with you, mrfootball - this is an exceptional area of town. i've also done quite a lot of exploring, and the neighborhoods you mentioned are great places to live. As I mentioned before, we are casually house hunting and looking to purchase within the year...so I'm doing my homework and keeping my eyes open. Im very curious as to what the future of these neighborhoods will be. Most of these subdivisions seem to have kept their integrity over the years - I just pray it continues to go in a positive direction. A lot of "original owners" still live in these older neighborhoods. But on our evening walks, we have noticed more and more young families which is also great to see. I wonder if there is any interest in "house flipping" in these older neighborhoods? It would be great to see these charming houses get tasteful face lifts. In my opinion it just takes a few updated houses to get the ball rolling, with time more home owners jump on board...maybe just keeping up with the Jones'...but either way it benefits the integrity/beauty of the neighborhood. Have you, or anyone else, driven through the wooded area to the south of Grant Rd.? There are older homes back there, on an acre or more it seems. I'm not sure but I think I remember signs at the entrance of Grant to the subdivision but not sure what the name was...maybe it was Grantwood???. I think they took the signs down when they widened from two lanes to four. My husband really likes it back there - but I'm wondering if those lots are prone to flooding. One other area of concern to me is The Village in the Woods apartment complex. It's one of the oldest in the area - and it's really gone down hill. Such an eyesore - the retail center accross the street from the complex has also gone down with it. I've seen many restaurants come and go, none seem to be all that successful. I wonder if there are any plans to improve/update??? I'm keeping my fingers crossed that with the expansion of Grant, the structures along this road will also get a face lift. The management companies would be fools not to - obviously Grant Rd can handle more traffic now, I hope they take advantge of it.

I drove through Grantwoods the other day. It's really beautiful in there. I'm guessing that most of that neighborhood was bought out by the Flood Control Authority, because you have these long winding roads, but no houses. Almost like a Park. Just big beautiful forest. Way back in there, there's a hidden development with brand new homes in the $290's to $400k range - though it follows more of a traditional new neighborhood feel and not the 'country' feel of Grantwoods.

There are a number of neighborhoods like this throughout Cypress with homes located on big half acre to acre lots with thick tree canopies, deed-restricted with horses allowed. Tower Oaks comes to mind. I think this neighborhood has good flip potential. It is zoned to Cy-Fair HS and is really a neat neighborhood in that they simply don't make them like this anymore. Lots of room for the kids to run and play. You can even get them a pony if you like. There are a number of "build on your lot" new constructions in there as well as some cool customs, but there are still a bunch of 1960's/70's style homes like you'd find in Memorial area that could be fixed up nicely and flipped.

Edited by mrfootball

• 4 weeks later...

that really is a nice part of town that rarely gets mentioned.... very forested, nice homes, golf courses, schools, etc... funny that it really doesn't have a name, although i've always referred to it as the Lakewood Forest area.

and the old Compaq/now HP complex is massive.... like it's own little city.

• The title was changed to The HP Corridor