Lantrip Elementary School At 100 Telephone Rd.

• 3 years later...

Old topic resurrected again. It's too bad the huge trees surrounding this school cover most of the building so people can't see the details mentioned above. I often wondered why the school was placed in such an akward position. This area is mostly cut up triangles and odd shaped blocks. Lantrip was our rival as most of us went to Rufus Cage in nearby Telephone/Lawndale. Again, another school in a triangle shaped block. Lantrip always seemed so old and heck it was. It is great to see that it was saved and remodeled after all these years.

The homes and apt bldgs across the street should be of notice to those that love old bungalow homes. The one craftsman home on the corner has needed paint for decades. It is a rare house indeed and needs to be moved or saved. The triangle shaped apt bldg next door is so interesting. See these are rare Houston sitings. :P

The homes and apt bldgs across the street should be of notice to those that love old bungalow homes. The one craftsman home on the corner has needed paint for decades. It is a rare house indeed and needs to be moved or saved. The triangle shaped apt bldg next door is so interesting. See these are rare Houston sitings. :P

Is there any way to motivate that guy to paint his house? Or move the junked cars in his yard? I heard the interior is supposed to be in good shape, but he keeps the outside in a shoddy condition as a way of fooling the taxman. It's a shame that such a beautiful place in a really prominent location is owned by, well, trash... seems like there's a lot of that in the neighborhood, unfortunately.

Is there any way to motivate that guy to paint his house? Or move the junked cars in his yard? I heard the interior is supposed to be in good shape, but he keeps the outside in a shoddy condition as a way of fooling the taxman. It's a shame that such a beautiful place in a really prominent location is owned by, well, trash... seems like there's a lot of that in the neighborhood, unfortunately.

Has anyone contacted the Appraisal District about that house? I'm sure they would be interested to know that the house is actually in decent shape otherwise. If the taxes go up regardless of what leaves in the yard, perhaps he will just give up and move. That house is my dream come true!

Has anyone contacted the Appraisal District about that house? I'm sure they would be interested to know that the house is actually in decent shape otherwise. If the taxes go up regardless of what leaves in the yard, perhaps he will just give up and move. That house is my dream come true!

That's what I mean! If only I could see an old photo of this home when it was new. If you drive just 2-3 blocks north towards the RR tracks (behind Stewart & Stevenson) you will find numerous similar jewels like this one. Just don't see many more like these in Houston any more.

• The title was changed to Lantrip Elementary School At 100 Telephone Rd.