Who remembers the "real" Timmy Chan's and Ming Tree?

who remembers the Hillcroft location of Timmy Chan's near Beechnut?

That was the first Chinese restaurant I remembered eating at and they cooked everything fresh and even served fried chicken (not just wings) battered in used self-rising flour. It was one of the most popular restaurants for quite some time on that side of town...

unfortunately, they closed in the early 90s and began the chain concept and catered to more fast food eaters....each location is different still....

the one in Missouri City still serves some good Shrimp Lo Mein

the one in South Park near Van Fleet was original also but was it part of the Hillcorft chain or similar to what we see now?

----------------------------------------------------

I also remember Ming Tree on 2234 in Missouri City....during the 80s it was a top-notch chinese restaurant with a variety of dishes and a great bar I used to see my parents drink from..lol..it went down over the years and switched to the buffet concept in the 90s before changing names and then closing for good.

-----------------------

does anyone also remmeber the names of the chinese restaurants (the buildings still stand) on Hiram Clarke near West Fuqua and Chimney Rock near West Airport?

they were built like chinese temples

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 years later...

does anyone also remmeber the names of the chinese restaurants (the buildings still stand) on Hiram Clarke near West Fuqua and Chimney Rock near West Airport?

they were built like chinese temples

along with 1636 Gessner @ Hammerly, my guess it was a dry cleaners, as well as Belle Park @ Bellaire

Archived