It's wild to think about what this whole area is going to be like in a few years. When I first moved to Houston in 2016, OST west of Almeda was mostly just parking lots. In a few years, this stretch between Cambridge and Greenbriar will have been completely transformed.

Hopefully at some point the city can get it's act together and re-pave OST. It was rough in 2016 and since then it's only gotten worse. 

• Like 1

On 2/28/2024 at 12:07 AM, aachor said:

It's wild to think about what this whole area is going to be like in a few years. When I first moved to Houston in 2016, OST west of Almeda was mostly just parking lots. In a few years, this stretch between Cambridge and Greenbriar will have been completely transformed.

Hopefully at some point the city can get it's act together and re-pave OST. It was rough in 2016 and since then it's only gotten worse. 

I don't know how to link a specific project, but the TxDOT project tracker shows an upcoming overlay project in the next few years:

https://apps3.txdot.gov/apps-cq/project_tracker/

Totally agree on the transformation, it's times like this I really enjoy streetview

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, OkieEric said:

I don't know how to link a specific project, but the TxDOT project tracker shows an upcoming overlay project in the next few years:

https://apps3.txdot.gov/apps-cq/project_tracker/

Totally agree on the transformation, it's times like this I really enjoy streetview

I didn't know that site existed. Thanks! Looking at it, it seems that they're aiming for 2/10/2025 for the project to be ready to bid. So maybe sometime in 2026 for the resurface? It's going to be in real rough shape by then, and I would guess that they're going to have to replace and rebase sections.

image.png.7b1fefc8f9a6fa5f3c81b8692e081192.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/10/2024 at 2:08 PM, hindesky said:

I wonder if it's going to be a precast garage or cast in place.

Austin Industries released a bid package. It will be a precast garage with office space.

SCRB5:

Nice flag!

huKPkBw.jpeg

66mvaFt.jpeg

AOsYGF1.jpeg

The brick, glass, and fin combination on the facade mock-up looks fantastic.  Can't wait to see the whole thing!

pHMfQCA.jpeg

SOPH:

mVA4pCZ.jpeg

SXFzF0G.jpeg

SCG2:  * Just outside the boundaries of SCG2.

Q1fOZv7.jpeg

• Like 9

MD Anderson South Campus Research Building 5.

OBt0PUb.jpeg

xFxCE3b.jpeg

QHW9aip.jpeg

UTHealth School of Public Health.

D1ejzB4.jpeg

Tg88JKG.jpeg

S496n1d.jpeg

MD Anderson South Campus Garage 2.

j9E3Olm.jpeg

Y2glHFm.jpeg

[New] MD Anderson South Campus Hazardout Materials Storage Building located at 7777 Knight Road.

The building is being built by J.T. Vaughn Construction.

ORZSLGW.jpeg

8vX1ii4.jpeg

• Like 7