Xburb

Guest Plastic

Guest Plastic

We all knwo the suburbs of Houston are currently booming and teeming with development. Now there are the Xburbs.

The Xburbs are a city or development that just beyond the suburbs. They ussually are a city that a miz between a part of the city and the country. X burbs are often large and were once their own towns.

Xburbs examples would be RIchmond-ROsenburg.Texas City,oru most known Conroe, and even Baytown. SO with all the suburbs developing I know there has to be activity in the Xburbs. Theway HouMetro is expanding these cities will be suburbs in a few years time.

I'm not too surprised by that. Bryan/College Station is growing pretty fast. Isn't Highway 6 going to be a freeway to there? Don't you all get Houston TV/Radio stations, too?

We can get some of Houston's Radio Stations and we get PBS Channel 8, even though we have our own PBS station, and we also get KTRK ABC 13 only during the news and a few other times when they are showing different stuff then our own ABC and the rest of the time that channel shows infomercials, thats because we also have our own ABC channel too. When I was younger we use to get pretty much all Houston Channels now we have all of or own. But we are so close to Houston, it makes sense to let us get Houston news and its the only news I watch.

97.9 the box comes in pretty clear, but you can't get Party 104.9 at all.

Guest Plastic

104 KRBE is supposed to have the strongest signal. Bryan-CS is kinda far to be considered part of Houston. If that's so then Galveston might as well be an Xburb. Hell count Beaumont at that.

We can get some of Houston's Radio Stations and we get PBS Channel 8, even though we have our own PBS station, and we also get KTRK ABC 13 only during the news and a few other times when they are showing different stuff then our own ABC and the rest of the time that channel shows infomercials, thats because we also have our own ABC channel too. When I was younger we use to get pretty much all Houston Channels now we have all of or own. But we are so close to Houston, it makes sense to let us get Houston news and its the only news I watch.

97.9 the box comes in pretty clear, but you can't get Party 104.9 at all.

97.9 is licensed to Houston while 104.9 is licensed to just Missouri City. As I recall, 104.9 is a move-in from Bolivar area. Now there's an application for a new 104.9 in Galveston since Party moved up to Missouri City.

97.9 KBXX/Houston:

FM62449.gif

104.9 KPTY/Missouri City:

FM595094.gif

104.1 KRBE/Houston:

FM1118253.gif

Guest Plastic

I don't see why they don't move the anttenaees closer to the center of the city. They're all out 2234 in Missouri City.

Nobody listens 10 miles out at sea.

I don't see why they don't move the anttenaees closer to the center of the city. They're all out 2234 in Missouri City.

Nobody listens 10 miles out at sea.

Because if you put them in downtown the signals will bounce off of the buildings and you'll get even worse reception.

Editor, excuse my ignorance on this subject, but does this mean 104.9 will possibly broadcast from the island?

The new 104.9 might. The current 104.9 will remain in Missouri City.

There are actually about 15 applications for 104.9 in towns around Galveston County. It's up to the FCC to decide who gets the license. Whomever it is, the new station will have to be pretty low power in order to keep from interfering with KPTY.

Here's one of the proposed 104.9s:

FX632915.gif

The application is from Faith Pleases God Church. Usually religious broadcasters and schools are the only people interested in these weak signals.

Here's the proposed 104.9 for Freeport:

FX641050.gif

Another 104.9 proposal for Freeport at 250 watts from ALELUYA CHRISTIAN BROADCASTING:

FX636300.gif

And one for Hitchcock at a whopping 65 watts from IGLESIA EVANGELICA APOSTOLES Y PROFETAS NAZARETH:

FX639111.gif

Take a look at this:

Texas' Big Cities Feeding Population of Brazos Valley

Posted: 6:58 PM Apr 11, 2007

Last Updated: 9:40 PM Apr 11, 2007

Reporter: Kristen Ross

According to the Census Bureau, Houston and Dallas are two of the country's fastest growing cities. Officials say as some of the state's larger cities continue to grow, so do some of the more rural cities.

The Bryan-College Station area is also increasing exponentially.

http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/6981187.html

• 1 month later...
The new 104.9 might. The current 104.9 will remain in Missouri City.

There are actually about 15 applications for 104.9 in towns around Galveston County. It's up to the FCC to decide who gets the license. Whomever it is, the new station will have to be pretty low power in order to keep from interfering with KPTY.

Here's one of the proposed 104.9s:

FX632915.gif

The application is from Faith Pleases God Church. Usually religious broadcasters and schools are the only people interested in these weak signals.

Here's the proposed 104.9 for Freeport:

FX641050.gif

Another 104.9 proposal for Freeport at 250 watts from ALELUYA CHRISTIAN BROADCASTING:

FX636300.gif

And one for Hitchcock at a whopping 65 watts from IGLESIA EVANGELICA APOSTOLES Y PROFETAS NAZARETH:

FX639111.gif

Doesn't Party 104.9 have a simulcast in Galveston??

Where are you getting these charts from? Absolutely fascinating....

Your tax dollars at work.

When will ESPN 97.5 work out here? It only gets clear as you head east towards Beaumont.

FM614257.gif

Never. It's licensed to Beaumont. By law it has to put a city-grade signal over Beaumont. It can't increase its signal into Houston because it's already at 100kw -- the current maximum for FM power.