Gutter Recomendation?

Anyone have a good recomendation of Gutter installation?

I need some.

My elderly next door neighbor had hers installed by a professional service if that's what you mean. They are the kind that hold up great in heavy downpours.

Totally avoid those cheap white plastic ones they sell at Home Depot! I installed myself them to save $ and regretted it. In heavy rains they overflow big time and after a year or 2 they seperate and drip/leak. I even climbed up and placed tar so now they look even more crappy and still leak.

I will ask her who she used if you still need. I know she didn't spend too much as she is on a fixed income if that's of any consolation.

Edited by Vertigo58

i used victor rodriguez. 281-866-8357. his wife usually answers and relays all the info to victor.

i actually used him twice. once for the gutters i thought were required and then later for the rest of the house which i decided would be nice to do.

after the first time, i found him 3 more clients because they liked the way mine came out so he gave me a discount for the rest of my job. like vertigo said, don't cheap out. i got the 6" gutters with the biggest downspout, all seamless. he also installs them so that the fascias won't rot either. my parents just used him in the past month and are very happy. my dad ended up taking off our gutters yrs ago because of rotten fascias and never wanted to replace them, until he saw how they were installed at my house.

one thing i do recommend with whomever you choose, is that you decide beforehand where you want the downspouts. you don't want the water to go where it is already constantly wet. you want it to drain where it goes away from the house.

cool

I have some gutters but want more. Actually, all new ones.

Our current downspouts shoot towards the French drain so I think we are in good shape.

It's amazing what water can do to your foundation in a 2.5 story free fall.

Exactly,

The house I am in was vacant for over 8 years and the imbecils before had removed the old gutters so there was constant rain hitting this foundation. When you stand in the street looking at the house it tilts to the left (like Titanic going down) not that drastic but you get the picture. Time to roll a marble on the table see which way it goes. kidding

On a happier note, all the homes around have this same prob. :huh:

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
MidtownCoog i am looking to install gutters soon. How did your experience turn out?

I'm not Midtown Coog, but did just have a gutter install. It was a real pain at first. I had 3 places come out for estimates and it blew my mind. I live in a new construction 2000 sq ft, 2 story that already had gutters across the front. The estimates ranged from $1400-$2900! I almost gave up as I just didn't see paying that much for gutters (these are just regular gutters as there are no trees to cause the gutters to clog up). Then I decided to call my builder and ask who they subbed the gutter work out to...they told me Southwest Gutters (713-263-7449) would take care of it. Called Southwest, and they had a guy here the same day for a estimate. For seamless alum. gutters on both sides and rear of the house he bid $852 which includes tax. He was able to schedule a crew for the next day because they were doing a install on a new construction in my neighborhood. I was very pleased with the work, and I didn't have to pay a arm and leg for all the extra bells and whistles that many of these places are requiring since Ike. The guy with Southwest said that he's heard lots of stories about high bids after Ike because these places are getting so much work they can get a premium for it.

Let me know how it turns out for you, and Merry Christmas to everyone!

I'm not Midtown Coog, but did just have a gutter install. It was a real pain at first. I had 3 places come out for estimates and it blew my mind. I live in a new construction 2000 sq ft, 2 story that already had gutters across the front. The estimates ranged from $1400-$2900! I almost gave up as I just didn't see paying that much for gutters (these are just regular gutters as there are no trees to cause the gutters to clog up). Then I decided to call my builder and ask who they subbed the gutter work out to...they told me Southwest Gutters (713-263-7449) would take care of it. Called Southwest, and they had a guy here the same day for a estimate. For seamless alum. gutters on both sides and rear of the house he bid $852 which includes tax. He was able to schedule a crew for the next day because they were doing a install on a new construction in my neighborhood. I was very pleased with the work, and I didn't have to pay a arm and leg for all the extra bells and whistles that many of these places are requiring since Ike. The guy with Southwest said that he's heard lots of stories about high bids after Ike because these places are getting so much work they can get a premium for it.

Let me know how it turns out for you, and Merry Christmas to everyone!

Thanks ssmallen my community just close out about a year ago. I am not sure if my builder will give an option like but I wilk ask anyway. My home is a little more that 2000 but not much more and I would like gutter all aound the house. I will call Southwest Gutters if my builder does not provides any help.

Thanks again and Happy New Years!