5239 Loch Lomond Dr.

millennica

This is a great site. Until I found it, I knew nothing about mod houses, but by reading it, I'm learning a lot about mod houses and am seriously considering purchasing one. I found the following house on zip realty and want to know if it is a mod house, where in Houston it is located. I think this house is wonderful although compared to the prices of other mod houses, this one seems expensive 449,500. I'd love to hear what some of you mod enthusiasts think about this house.

• Like 1

I may be the odd one out but I don't think it's really that expensive at $132.50 per SF. Homes in Meyerland are really increasing in value. Both the house and lot are above average size and it has a pool. It's also zoned to Bellaire High School which results in some of the value. But before I would make an offer I would check with an insurance agent to see how much insurance coverage including flood coverage would be on this home.

This is a nice house in the middle of Meyerland. I don't think it's too high at all. It's A HUGE house though if you don't have any kids. Our 2000 ft. seems too much for me and my wife most of the time. If you have kids and the money, I'd say go ahead and take the next step on it. You're not going to find a lot of these up for sale.

Gotta love that interior courtyard!

Jason

I may be the odd one out but I don't think it's really that expensive at $132.50 per SF. Homes in Meyerland are really increasing in value. Both the house and lot are above average size and it has a pool. It's also zoned to Bellaire High School which results in some of the value. But before I would make an offer I would check with an insurance agent to see how much insurance coverage including flood coverage would be on this home.

We're currently renting a house down the street from this one until we sign this Thursday on our new house YEAH!!!

We walked past it yesterday and I can tell you that the street is very nice and the neighborhood is very well maintained. Everyone issuper friendly. It's in a GREAT location and the schools are very desirable. You will most likely have to have flood insurance b/c a lot of Meyerland is in the FEMA flood zone but if you get an elevation certificate this can decrease the cost. It's a nice big lot with good sq. ft. Maybe you should check it out :)

Congratulations, Amy! I take back what I said about the kids... I think even if you don't have kids and you just want a bigger house, you should make an appointment and at least go see it a couple of times. Let us know what happens if you do.

Jason

We're currently renting a house down the street from this one until we sign this Thursday on our new house YEAH!!!

We walked past it yesterday and I can tell you that the street is very nice and the neighborhood is very well maintained. Everyone issuper friendly. It's in a GREAT location and the schools are very desirable. You will most likely have to have flood insurance b/c a lot of Meyerland is in the FEMA flood zone but if you get an elevation certificate this can decrease the cost. It's a nice big lot with good sq. ft. Maybe you should check it out :)

• The title was changed to 5239 Loch Lomond Dr.