TxDOT Plans To Expand/Widen Highway 290

Chris

The article has a factual error in the first sentence (Houston is the fourth-largest city, not the fourth largest metropolitan area.) Nevertheless, the rest of the content seems to be correct.

It is interesting that the project web site is online four years before construction is scheduled to begin. Usually only a planning or public input web site is available so far in advance.

It is interesting that the project web site is online four years before construction is scheduled to begin. Usually only a planning or public input web site is available so far in advance.

I think they want Northwest Houston to jerk off to the schematics until construction starts. Four years is a long time when you have a freeway that bad.

Jokes aside, this is a good development. It means authorities are dedicated to pulling through with this project; I remember when the initial assessments were done, there was very little publicity. Too many direly needed expansions puff out and die after the first phase. (Remember I-35 Austin back in 2002?)

• The title was changed to TxDOT Plans To Expand/Widen Highway 290

Archived