Houston Annual

Nice.

When I look at this one I think, where are the jumping apes? As the tune for 2001 A Space Odyssey plays in the background.

413343600_66cff50dc7_o.jpg

What is this Med Center building?

I saw the top lit up for the first time the other night...it was a great shade of blue, almost like a deep blue sky, or the deep blue sea.

Does it change colors from time to time?

What is this Med Center building?

I saw the top lit up for the first time the other night...it was a great shade of blue, almost like a deep blue sky, or the deep blue sea.

Does it change colors from time to time?

Yep it changes colors. The best view is from the intersection of Kirby and University in the Village.

By the way, stop living under that rock :P , the name of the building is Memorial Hermann Medical Plaza.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Montrose for the awesome pictures!!! It's great seeing all the new buildings going up in Houston, too bad I can't get down there as often as I would like. I really love seeing those pictures in Midtown with the narrow streets and only one side for street parking. It really reminds me of older cities and I just love the feeling it gives walking down streets with cars parallel parked alongside the street, instead of a driveway every 5 feet. I just wish all of those power lines could be placed under the sidewalk, but oh well.

We used to have a huge poker game going on in one of the Condos in this area, I won't tell you which one though. The game has moved since. TOO MANY CRACKHEADS right around the corner, looking for late night victims.

I've seen people walking, but never crackheads lookin for late night vitcims. I know some people who live in the the blue, red & white townhomes.

Yep it changes colors. The best view is from the intersection of Kirby and University in the Village.

By the way, stop living under that rock :P , the name of the building is Memorial Hermann Medical Plaza.

i cant help but HATE that building. Bland & unoriginal. The lighting comes across really cheap & lame IMO. Like they had a good idea and cut corners at the end to save $$$.

that was fun, as always montrose. thanks.

too bad the colors on the memorial hermann aren't softer colors. those bold colors look too vegas. i think they detract from the neighborhood as well as the simplicity of the building's design.

the electrical poles running the length of the streets in midtown are ghastly. i would not, ever, buy a town home on a street with exposed electrical/telephone wires.

great pictures, though. especially, the park and downtown.

i cant help but HATE that building. Bland & unoriginal. The lighting comes across really cheap & lame IMO. Like they had a good idea and cut corners at the end to save $$$.

imo, the building is a disappointment - especially at the ground level

I don't know how to make them HDR. :closedeyes:

this is an easier program to make HDR photos.

HDR Alignment

And then aritzen HDR, a little harder, but some may say more freedom and better pictures.

Artizen HDR

A word of advise HDR photos do come out much better in Photoshop vs. Photomax, also Photomax may be more dynamic, but more more noise and overuse of halos. Goodluck.

• 2 weeks later...
this is an easier program to make HDR photos.

HDR Alignment

And then aritzen HDR, a little harder, but some may say more freedom and better pictures.

Artizen HDR

A word of advise HDR photos do come out much better in Photoshop vs. Photomax, also Photomax may be more dynamic, but more more noise and overuse of halos. Goodluck.

Ah, I ended up just making them really bright, or really dark. I like the first one though, you can warp the photo if the buildings seem to turn to one side. But thanks for the suggestion. If anyone knows how to make them HD, by all means, have at them!

Ah, I ended up just making them really bright, or really dark. I like the first one though, you can warp the photo if the buildings seem to turn to one side. But thanks for the suggestion. If anyone knows how to make them HD, by all means, have at them!

I wish I could help you out more, I don't know how to do it exceptionally well. I do know j-a-x who is on the forums has amazing HDR pictures, maybe he will read this and give us all a link or something :D:P;)

We used to have a huge poker game going on in one of the Condos in this area, I won't tell you which one though. The game has moved since. TOO MANY CRACKHEADS right around the corner, looking for late night victims.

I usually think comments like these are exaggerated or out of ignorance but ugh, I stay out of this area at night, even sometimes during the day, for the same reasons. It's mostly west of that area though.

Edited by WesternGulf