Puppets, Clowns, and Dolls oh my!

Pumapayam

What scared you as a child?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Sadistic "kid themed" horror movies that traumatized you!

• Clowns - Think "Poltergeist" possessed clown pulling the kid under the bed, Stephen Kings "IT"
    • Dummies - The movie below, "Goosebumps" Slappy dummy
    • Dolls - "Chucky", 'Dolly Dearest", "Puppet Master"

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A dummy convention? I don't seem like that big of a dork, do I?

No, I was just looking at dummies on Ebay for fun and I thought that one was funny. I put him downtown just because.

Did you end up bidding on a dummy? Do you really want that thing in your house. . . at night. . . a stormy night. . . alone just staring at you while you sleep :P

No, I didn't bid on one. I've always had somewhat of a fascination with them and puppets as well. I had a lot of puppets as a child. But as I stated earlier in the thread I never really wanted a dummy for myself. I wouldn't mind having one but I'd have to have a "special place" for it.

When I was little I had Cabbage Patch Kids and stuffed animals sitting on my closet shelf and I'd have to close the door every night. I can't imagine a ventriloquist doll. They're so sinister looking. Although, as I also said previously in the thread, I do have my Billy Baloney doll in my bedroom closet right now. He stares at me everytime I open the closet door. He's a dummy, but he's small and cute. Not too threatening.

Well ok, he sort of has a creepy face I guess.

2385365158_9a951f076f.jpg

He and I are friends, though.

Now your avatar is truly horrifying Kimberly! How could you do that to us!

Look !

Even mannequins used to freak up kids out! What are these display people thinking? Scare you to not buy the clothes? :o

18231115_26e26c6848.jpg?v=0

Completely horrifying. The girl mannequin looks demented.

More nightmares!

This really old films were in rerun when we would see as kids but once we saw "It" we ran behind furniture and begged dad to change the station! Here "It" is LIVE! We really thought they would pop out of the screen and chew on our arms! It should have been banned from the movie and TV screens! :(

Is that what you called Charlie McCarthy? "It"? At first I thought you were referring to "It" the clown.

Charlie's definitely one of the more menacing looking dummies. Once when I was little we went to some friends' house for dinner. The adults stayed downstairs while all the kids went upstairs to play. The attic was actually a room in the middle of the 3rd floor (the father was an architect and he designed it) and there were windows all around it. The two kids' rooms were also on the 3rd floor. Well the light was off in the attic, but the lights from the bedrooms shown through the windows of the attict and sitting there on top of some boxes was Charlie McCarthy. What a frightening sight in the perfect environment for such a thing. I don't remember asking whose doll it was, but I tried to avoid looking at it for the rest of the evening.

You know what's really creepy is to see one of those things in an antique shop. I saw a Charlie McCarthy at the Peanut Butter Factory on the Galveston Strand a few years ago, propped up there amongst all the other antiques.

Antiques in general, especially toys can sometimes be very creepy as well. Many of the toys/dolls/figures of '40s, '50s and '60s had scary looking faces. I commented to my mom the other, again at the Galveston Strand, but in a different shop if children back then realized that at the time.

The McCarthy monster looks tamed compared to Mr Marbles from the Seinfeld. You got to see the episode.

Jerry tries to sleep and swears he hears the thing running around his apt at night. He covers his head with a blanket to protect himself. Its quite terrifying! :ph34r:

scarylady.JPG

It looks like something you'd see sitting in the corner of a shop at a place like Old Town Spring or somewhere like that.

You mean something like something we might see in Hell! :(

I still say Cabbatch Patch was one of the most horrifying animals created.

Evil "Incarnate"

45940519_2c13db053b.jpg?v=0

You mean something like something we might see in Hell! :(

I still say Cabbatch Patch was one of the most horrifying animals created.

Evil "Incarnate"

45940519_2c13db053b.jpg?v=0

Garage sale gold, at least the month before Halloween. What a demented person whom ever created this. :blink:

What a demented person whom ever created this. :blink:

More than likely a Haif-a-mite?

This should be placed on a bar if you want to ward off unwanted guests. I bet the eyes follow you as you run past? :mellow:

Going back to mannequins...check this thing out. What are they trying to sell again?

882135952_385277fa3e.jpg?v=0

Figured this would go with it...

Kerli - "Walking on Air" music video wait until after the angry old man bangs his cane on the door

I've never seen the video, but I have that song on my iPod. The cover is kind of scary looking.

Edit:

That chicken looks nasty.

She looks like blasted doll that's posted on the top of this page.

I've never seen the video, but I have that song on my iPod. The cover is kind of scary looking.

Edit:

That chicken looks nasty.

She looks like blasted doll that's posted on the top of this page.

I know, I got it as a free download on iTunes... Then I looked up the music video. I think shes gorgeous!

Mimes? Dolls? (That midgy Tiki chasing after Karen Black with a knife sounds insanely stupid but man, it was terrifying! ) lol

The Exorcist was the worst. There were people getting placed on medication when that thing was released. People were freaked out. And for a clear reason; turns out it had (has) subliminal messages of a sort embedded into the film.

My brother was obssessed with this film (intensified after his dorm mates raised his bed while he was sleeping) and he arrived on my doorstep during a school break with the VCR copy of The Exorcist in his hand. We sat (for what seemed like days) going through the entire film frame-by-frame.

What I remember are stills of death heads in the movie (skulls and the like) during the most scary scenes. These pictures flash for a second or two but are not visible when watching the film.

Who can actually watch that movie alone?

thunderbirds16ns7.jpg

The first one on the left! :shivers:

Man did I hate those things! I think they started appearing on US Tv in the mid 60's? They always played a montage of that at Numbers dance club in the 80's to that song by some British band (I'll think of later)

They were hideous alright and then I alway hated this "innovative" cartoon. Thak God it faded into obscurity. The lips were live action but freakish to the maximus gluttimus! Clutch Cargo always was weeeeeeeiiiird!!!!! :blink: Mommy!

clutchfull.gifclutch51.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived