Puppets, Clowns, and Dolls oh my!

Pumapayam

What scared you as a child?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Sadistic "kid themed" horror movies that traumatized you!

• Clowns - Think "Poltergeist" possessed clown pulling the kid under the bed, Stephen Kings "IT"
    • Dummies - The movie below, "Goosebumps" Slappy dummy
    • Dolls - "Chucky", 'Dolly Dearest", "Puppet Master"

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kimberley,

Now, Thats real LIFE trick or treat!

Be sure to watch where you step tonight! Here come them dolls again!

Dolls is a film directed by horror director Stuart Gordon and released in 1987, after Gordon's success with Re-Animator. The movie is about an elderly English couple who live in a spooky mansion and make dolls and other toys that kill people. Judy is a young girl that is traveling by car with her father and stepmother. A businessman named Ralph picks up two female punk rock hitchhikers. :lol: All six potential victims wind up at the dollmaker's mansion. One by one, some of the overnight guests are attacked by countless dolls who turn out to be cursed immoral people that have been killed and imprisoned in toys to pay for their crimes by the owners of the house who claim to be witches. However the dolls like those who are pure at heart (like Judy) or young at heart (like Ralph) and will usually not hurt them. The film was shot in Italy in 1985. Dolls has taken credit for having inspired several similar "killer doll" movies since, most prominently Child's Play.

247698.jpg

Kimberley,

Now, Thats real LIFE trick or treat!

Be sure to watch where you step tonight! Here come them dolls again!

Dolls is a film directed by horror director Stuart Gordon and released in 1987, after Gordon's success with Re-Animator. The movie is about an elderly English couple who live in a spooky mansion and make dolls and other toys that kill people. Judy is a young girl that is traveling by car with her father and stepmother. A businessman named Ralph picks up two female punk rock hitchhikers. :lol: All six potential victims wind up at the dollmaker's mansion. One by one, some of the overnight guests are attacked by countless dolls who turn out to be cursed immoral people that have been killed and imprisoned in toys to pay for their crimes by the owners of the house who claim to be witches. However the dolls like those who are pure at heart (like Judy) or young at heart (like Ralph) and will usually not hurt them. The film was shot in Italy in 1985. Dolls has taken credit for having inspired several similar "killer doll" movies since, most prominently Child's Play.

247698.jpg

I think I remember that movie. Seems I watched it once by myself upstairs at my grandma's house. Being upstairs by yourself at my grandma's house was always serious business. That's where everything went down.

I think I remember that movie. Seems I watched it once by myself upstairs at my grandma's house. Being upstairs by yourself at my grandma's house was always serious business. That's where everything went down.

These look like they are contemplating murder, plotting schemeing, etc...and dont ask about the juxtaposed hand part. :mellow:

2:25:3dolls.jpg

Archived