Artwork on Spur 527

TXDOT sometimes marks the sides of freeway on/off ramps with a recessed design depicting the State of Texas. A few months ago, I noticed that some of these usually undecorated features have been embellished with a multicolored rendition of Houston's skyline. They can be seen where Spur 527 crosses W. Alabama and Richmond Avenues.

Has this been done elsewhere in the Houston area? Any idea as to who designed and executed the artwork?

TXDOT sometimes marks the sides of freeway on/off ramps with a recessed design depicting the State of Texas. A few months ago, I noticed that some of these usually undecorated features have been embellished with a multicolored rendition of Houston's skyline. They can be seen where Spur 527 crosses W. Alabama and Richmond Avenues.

Has this been done elsewhere in the Houston area? Any idea as to who designed and executed the artwork?

I've seen it elsewhere around Houston and other parts of Texas. Afraid I can't be of much more help.

Only place I can think of where I've seen that is I-10 and College St. in Beaumont, which they finished rebuilding a few years back.

I probably could drive out there sometime this week and snap one... I've got some running around in that part of town I need to do anyway.

I don't know who did it, but I think they have some really great designs, with the skyline being one of my two favorites.

The other is the Super Bowl XXXVIII logo that I've seen on 610 south (I think) and on 59N near the Beltway, and I think it also includes an image of the skyline.

The also have the Texas flag, the eagle (as mentioned), I think some sort of fishing scene (on the Beltway/249 interchange), and a TxDOT Houston District logo near the 610/59S interchange.

Another cool one is of the Alamo in San Antonio on 410. The painting of the Alamo inside the state cut-out is very nice.