John Thrash Manson At 10105 Longwood Ct.

BenH

This place may have it's own zip code. It's located in a subdivision named Memorial Manor, near Chimney Rock and backs up to Buffalo Bayou. The "street" is Longwood Ct., which has two other homes on it. One seems to be a kind of modern tower, while the other is up on a hill that is a bit hard to see, especially with neighborhood security prowling around. These were the only shots I had time to get.

http://xc7.xanga.com/cd5d56e06423599956252/m70370485.jpg

http://xb0.xanga.com/432d26e76333299956212/m70370456.jpg

Looks like it could be an 80's creation. No idea who the architect is.

I've been to parties at this house before. Inside it is really unique, hard to classify into a style. Very eclectic. It was designed by P.M. Bolton but has been expanded and remodeled. I have no idea of the actual size, the way it is designed it would be hard to guess but it is pretty big. I remember there being some tables that looked to be inspired by Frank Lloyd Wright's textile blocks. It backs up to the bayou. Very cool place.

• 7 months later...

This home was privately for sale for a while. Does anybody know whether or not it sold? I'm just curious to see the response to a modern house in this price range, I've noticed several other high-priced moderns in Houston lately, like the home on Friar Tuck and also the sale (finally) of 1000 Kirby.

This house really is one of Houston's best, I think.

This home was privately for sale for a while. Does anybody know whether or not it sold? I'm just curious to see the response to a modern house in this price range, I've noticed several other high-priced moderns in Houston lately, like the home on Friar Tuck and also the sale (finally) of 1000 Kirby.

This house really is one of Houston's best, I think.

This house was designed for the Thrash family by Preston Bolton. Not sure how old it is, or how much it sold for.

This house was designed for the Thrash family by Preston Bolton. Not sure how old it is, or how much it sold for.

You are right, it was designed by Bolton, in 1965. I was just wondering if it did in fact sale...I guess it did?

I came up with quite a bit of Bolton in my studies of vintage magazines this summer. I'll have to double check and look for the name, Thrash, and see if I can find any vintage photos. I loaned out the copies I made and will get them back next week... Someone (myself included) should interview Preston Bolton soon for our newsletter. That would be great.

Jason

You are right, it was designed by Bolton, in 1965. I was just wondering if it did in fact sale...I guess it did?

• The title was changed to John Thrash Manson On Longwood Ct.
  • The title was changed to John Thrash Manson At 10105 Longwood Ct.

Archived