44 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you support/own?

• Microsoft - Xbox 360/Xbox
    • Sony - PlayStation 3/PlayStation 2/PlayStation Portable
    • Nintendo - Wii/Gamecube/DS

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is that guy in the picture the one whose listing was removed from Ebay?

Yes, I thought the picture was priceless, that's the goofball that thought he was gonna get $3,000,000 for his PS3. He posted a pic of himself buying it at Wal-Mart, and I thought that with that smug look, he deserved to get duped. It's priceless.

Did he put $3,000,000 on it as a starting bid?

I love his expression! lol!

Nope, it was bid up to $3mil. I think the opener was $1500, and somebody put $20k right away, then $25k by someone else, then $25001, then $3mil, then $3,000,100. Then came the big cane pole from Ebay. "YANK !"

Really? How shocked would you be if I told you that I have never owned ANY of these things, and have never bought a single game? :o

If you had a son you might've gotten into it, like I did. I ended up buying a PS1 so he'd have one at my place and got hooked on Need For Speed High Stakes. My 8 year old son was fantastic on this and would beat me bad but I eventually got the skills and beat the game, and then Porsche Unleashed too. The graphics and art work were beautiful, maybe not by today's standards though, and the hand/eye skills and determination needed to complete the game are were high level/ I offered my son $100 if he could beat Need for Speed, just to teach him persistance and determination and he never took me up on it.

Then, I bought the Halo X-box for my son (at my house) and got into a racing game who's name I can't remember right now.....tough game. I haven't played it in a couple of years.

• 6 months later...
Guest Marty

I heard that the Ninetendo Wii is out selling PS3 and Xbox 360 on the news the other day give us some figures Puma, BTW I just finish Sesame Street Reeducation Camp "MR T" Jones :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Well, my Playstation 2 went on the fritz yesterday. I am going to hold out for the supposed $100 PS3 price drop, and the addition of the 80GB drive and the return of rumble.

:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

circuitcityflyer.jpg

Read this from Joystiq, who got it from Cheapassgamer.

One down, only the rumble and another 20 GB to go before I am sold, but I will still settle for the new rumble controllers.

500-700 dollars is too much money for a product with a life span of 3-5 years.

It is a game system, a blu ray player, and a storage medium for movies and photos.

And it is in the same price range as a cheap computer.

DVD had a great rum from 1998 to now, and I am sure DVD will last many more years.

Blu ray is just getting started, so your 3 to 5 years is a bit harsh, unless people skip it for downloadable content.

Well in addition to the price drop mentioned, we now have a new SKU, a return to the $599 price tag with a larger HDD and a pack in game now.

I miss the pack in games! Now we just need (2) controllers again.

757875987_e697ccc09d.jpg

Puma, why do you feel it necessary to change the title of your threads constantly? It is very annoying, just bump your thread and move on, like the rest of us.

The title change makes it relevant to the topic at hand, which is evolved from the initial launch.

I think this is a much better solution than creating a whole new thread about the topic.

It is a pretty big thing, with E3 starting this week, there will be alot of gaming news. Since this is on the lines of an off topic thread, I don't want to flood the boards with gaming topics when I can just maintain one thread.

I'd say it is NOT a very big thing. Not yet anyway.

Sony hopes it will be a very big thing since nobody is even buying this overpriced system.

I got a Wii a few weeks ago. Much better to get the family together vs. FPSing it on the PS3 all by your lonesome.

My 5 yr. old and I are very happy with the GameCube I got her for Xmas. I will probably buy a PS3 by next January because I want to play the Gran Turismo Series again.

And hopefully the rumble will be back. The current 60 GB has the emotion engine (i.e. the PlayStation 2 chip) in it, and the new 80 GB is the same as the PAL version in Korea, which does not have an emotion engine chip to render PS2 games. Instead, it uses emulation via updates to play them. They will likely continue this and phase out the 60 GB version to save $$$$ by not including the EE chip. Expect the 80 GB without Motor Storm in January for $499 as the only SKU.

That's cool, I just haven't seen any games for the Wii, that make me WANT to go out and get it.

Super Mario Galaxy has the Super Mario 64 goodness, Super Paper Mario looks fun too.

And hopefully the rumble will be back. The current 60 GB has the emotion engine (i.e. the PlayStation 2 chip) in it, and the new 80 GB is the same as the PAL version in Korea, which does not have an emotion engine chip to render PS2 games. Instead, it uses emulation via updates to play them. They will likely continue this and phase out the 60 GB version to save $$$$ by not including the EE chip. Expect the 80 GB without Motor Storm in January for $499 as the only SKU.

Super Mario Galaxy has the Super Mario 64 goodness, Super Paper Mario looks fun too.

My daughter has been playing Mario Party like crazy, lately she just puts on the music gallery and makes up little dances, then has me come watch her. Hilarious ! I also got a good deal on games from Walmart, I got myself NFL Blitz and got her some Winnie the Pooh game. The graphics for the Pooh game are very very nice and she thinks she is making her own movie. Definately a good buy.

Archived