Mexican Anchor Babies

poco dago

I wonder if Houston has a hospital here such as Dallas[ Parkland Memorial] that gives free birthing and many newborn extras to illegals, no questions asked like " Are you a citizen"? This is such a joke---shame,shame,shame. American's should be so lucky to have all the priviledges that all these "wetbacks" have, that roachly sneak across our borders in the night. I wish "RAID" could come up with some good deterant. It kind of reminds me of the movie "aliens" where they lay their pods and then hatch out to dominate the population. Being a descendant of "LEGAL" immigrants from Italy and of all the others that came over back them days, it makes me furious to see all the blatant disregard of my countrys laws. I don't see any benefit from having all those Mexicans here regardless of what they profess. The same goes for Medicare,Medicaid. and drivers license without being an AMERICAN CITIZEN. I'm sorry to say,that I have really become a racist and bigot from all of the infractions imposed on our American people.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Your argument would be taken more seriously if you lost all of the racist crap!

west, he proclaims to be a "Racist" towards The "Illegals" not the whole Hispanic race. He is angry just like most of us, and decided he was not going to be PC about this subject.

Your argument would be taken more seriously if you lost all of the racist crap!

Agreed! This is a valid argument, one brought up by many. However, this is a well run forum for intelligent conversation and debate. Your offensive remarks and racial slurs are not welcome here. You would get much further creating a benficial discussion by excluding your predjuces. I suggest you edit your thread or we ask the moderators to remove this thread altogether.

west, he proclaims to be a "Racist" towards The "Illegals" not the whole Hispanic race. He is angry just like most of us, and decided he was not going to be PC about this subject.

Being "illegal" isn't a race. Neither is being Hispanic actually, it's an Ethnicity. And poco dago said much more than proclaiming to be against illegals. The Raid comment is out of line.

Being "illegal" isn't a race. Neither is being Hispanic actually, it's an Ethnicity. And poco dago said much more than proclaiming to be against illegals. The Raid comment is out of line.

What race are the Mexican people akinned to then ProHouston ?

What race are the Mexican people akinned to then ProHouston ?

The 1990 census questions on race and Hispanic origin were changed for Census 2000. The Federal government considers race and Hispanic origin to be two separate and distinct concepts. For Census 2000, the questions on race and Hispanic origin were asked of every individual living in the United States. The question on Hispanic origin asked respondents if they were Spanish, Hispanic, or Latino.1 The question on race asked respondents to report the race or races they considered themselves to be. Both questions are based on self-identification.

Overview of Race and Hispanic Origin

Being a descendant of "LEGAL" immigrants from Italy and of all the others that came over back them days, it makes me furious to see all the blatant disregard of my countrys laws.

Until the laws in this country make it extremely difficult to live here illegally, these people will just continue to take advantage the situation.

The real outrageous part is how the Hispanic groups are continuously trying to prevent any such laws from being passed, as is the Mexican government. The favoritism on the part the Hispanic groups in this country seems racist and anti-American to me. Would they be demanding the same rights for millions of illegal Chinese? No way.

No license, no job, no school, no medical, no rent and deportation if caught for anything. Or, a modified version with emergency medical care with subsequent deportation and a bill sent to their respective foreign governments.

The 1990 census questions on race and Hispanic origin were changed for Census 2000. The Federal government considers race and Hispanic origin to be two separate and distinct concepts. For Census 2000, the questions on race and Hispanic origin were asked of every individual living in the United States. The question on Hispanic origin asked respondents if they were Spanish, Hispanic, or Latino.1 The question on race asked respondents to report the race or races they considered themselves to be. Both questions are based on self-identification.

Overview of Race and Hispanic Origin

But, it is your belief that the Mexican or American Mexican people consider themselves Caucasian ?

Mexicans can be black AND white.

i referred to a fella at work as "hispanic" to another hispanic person.

they are both legal immigrants from mexico. they are both intelligent

but do not speak english very well. they have been here in the USA at

least 10 years. the fella i was talking to said, "oh no, he's a mexican."

i said. "sorry, i guess i was being too fancy but doesn't that fall under

hispanic?" he laughed and said, "we're not spaniards!"

it may seem naive of me, but perhaps it is a cultural thing. he seemed

put off to be called that. i realize that you folks are debating over the

literal definitions and use of these labels, so i thought i'd toss that in too...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hispanic

literal definitions and use of these labels, so i thought i'd toss that in too...

since many hispanics aren't mexicans I can understand where the bad feelings come from. Many assume they are mexicans because of their "look" In your case, it is related to education. The less educated are really only familiar with their own area.

it all comes down to semantics and personal preference.

so should everyone just be categorized in a very specific geographic manner?

for example, instead of hispanic, which could refer to someone of spanish origin or, broadly, "any of the various peoples of Spanish-speaking Latin America, or the original settlers of the traditionally Spanish-held Southwestern United States," someone could refer to the exact country or even city in which they were born?

that would make me a houstonian, and would have no reference to any other information about my "origins."

since i'm afraid we'll never rid ourselves of having to be categorized in this way, it is just going to continue to become more and more convoluted.

I think this thread is acceptable. The original poster is being somewhat civil, but I'm so tired of all the PC crap, that this kind of thread is welcome to me. The roach metaphor is okay if that's what the poster is really thinking. Maybe it doesn't belong on this board, but sometimes people need to vent their anger. Maybe the original post should not have any venting, but only subsequent posts, so that the topic stays in order.

My solution to stopping the herds of illegals coming here would be to a) raise minimum wage and B) make English the national language, and have it mandatory that certain things be written in English, like street signs, storefront signs, newspapers/publications, forms, flyers, and advertisements. Raising minimum wage will help the problem, because then employers will no longer have that loophole to hire illegals who readily accept the minimum wage. Most people in any job make at least 7 dollars an hour today. Employers would probably choose a citizen over an illegal if they have to pay everyone at least 7.50/hr.

I also agree with cutting off the lifeline. Illegals have no regard for sovereignty of nations or the societies that they impact. I'd say cut off the free healthcare, schooling, and apartment leasing, and then the employment will take care of itself.

He is what is commonly known as a "Purist". The "Purists" believe that over 3500 years ago their ancestors laid the foundations for the creation of three of the world

A Mexican can be of any race, as "Mexican" is a nationality & not a race.

Just like an American, AHHH HAAA!, but we are splitting hairs here. Would you say that the majority of folks claiming to be from the Congo are of the Black race or are they just Congans ? I asked what "Race", Mexicans classify themselves as,not nationality, and I seriously doubt it is Caucasian.

I wonder if Houston has a hospital here such as Dallas[ Parkland Memorial] that gives free birthing and many newborn extras to illegals, no questions asked like " Are you a citizen"?
EVERY Hospital with an ER has to accept any patient need of immediate emergency care, e.g.: Child Labor & Birth. It's called the Patient's Bill of Rights. There are two county hospitals that offer free healthcare to illegals without asking. They are LBJ & Ben Taub.
make English the national language, and have it mandatory that certain things be written in English, like street signs, storefront signs, newspapers/publications, forms, flyers, and advertisements.
That's a little too extreme even for my conservative blood. I Like our multi-cultural signage. Next thing you know, we'll have to take down the French signs in the French Quarter, the Chinese signs in Houston, and officially rename Los Angeles the City of Angels.
I also agree with cutting off the lifeline. Illegals have no regard for sovereignty of nations or the societies that they impact. I'd say cut off the free healthcare, schooling, and apartment leasing, and then the employment will take care of itself.
Apartment leasing & Employment I agree on. To cut off healthcare to anyone is inhumane, and to deny schooling to children is un-fair. You can't punish a group of people who are helpless and unable to fend for themselves.

Wanna stop illegal immigration? Build the wall. Check ID's. Deport illegals - post haste.

That's a little too extreme even for my conservative blood. I Like our multi-cultural signage. Next thing you know, we'll have to take down the French signs in the French Quarter, the Chinese signs in Houston, and officially rename Los Angeles the City of Angels.

Apartment leasing & Employment I agree on. To cut off healthcare to anyone is inhumane, and to deny schooling to children is un-fair. You can't punish a group of people who are helpless and unable to fend for themselves.

Wanna stop illegal immigration? Build the wall. Check ID's. Deport illegals - post haste.

I guess cutting off the lifeline would cause the illegals living here now to go back, which would be necessary if deportation and checking IDs didn't work.

My national language proposal, now that I think about it, is a bad one. There are lots of things written in other languages that I do want to remain as they are, like restaurant menus, writings found in architecture, etc.

I think I finally had enough of the language problem when I went to a Wendy's right by my house, and the woman at the drive-thru window replied to my request in Spanish. I told her to make sure that there was barbecue sauce in the bag and that my fries were good and hot. I don't think she even understood. She just kept talking to me in Spanish, so I had to get a manager. She probably knew only how to take orders from the menu and say "may i take your order". You don't even have to be educated to work in a fast food restaurant today. There is no math required, and apparently no English either. <_<

I had a similar problem at another Wendys. This time, the person barely understood English and ended up getting my order completely wrong after I articulated it to her very well and slowly, so she shouldn't have messed it up that badly. I really like their food, but if they don't stop hiring illegals, I'm going to quit going for good.

signage does become ridiculous. If the word fairly easily to pronounce, i say most languages are fine. However words with unfamiliar characters should be discouraged. Some of the signs here have English and another language but the words are totally unrelated. To use the French quarter is a bad example IMO. If people can't pronounce Bourbon, Royal, Burgundy, well then we have another problem.

My national language proposal, now that I think about it, is a bad one. There are lots of things written in other languages that I do want to remain as they are, like restaurant menus, writings found in architecture, etc.

You are correct Pure, you don't wanna drive down Bissonet, and realize that your favorite Vietnamese restaurant that you have been going to for years, has it's NEW english-only translated sign out front, and the name of the restaurant has always been called "The Wounded Dog that is Tasty". :closedeyes:

You are correct Pure, you don't wanna drive down Bissonet, and realize that your favorite Vietnamese restaurant that you have been going to for years, has it's NEW english-only translated sign out front, and the name of the restaurant has always been called "The Wounded Dog that is Tasty". :closedeyes:

LOL the Vietnamese that I know buy it on almeda.

Just like an American, AHHH HAAA!, but we are splitting hairs here. Would you say that the majority of folks claiming to be from the Congo are of the Black race or are they just Congans ? I asked what "Race", Mexicans classify themselves as,not nationality, and I seriously doubt it is Caucasian.

Let's come back to my original point. Neither Hispanic nor Mexican is a race. Hispanic is an ethnicity and Mexican is a nationality. Hispanic Americans that I know list themselves as "White, of Hispanic Origin." But yes, any race can be Hispanic.

Archived