Lake Woodlands Built?

Guest Plastic

I haven't been to the Woodlands in a year or so. Last time I was there Lake Woodlands drive wasn't built through. Is it built now? You couldn't get from the mall ,across the lake to the homes last time I was there.

I haven't been to the Woodlands in a year or so. Last time I was there Lake Woodlands drive wasn't built through. Is it built now? You couldn't get from the mall ,across the lake to the homes last time I was there.

Yes, it's built through now. Now all they need to do is turn Woodlands Parkway into an expressway. It takes WAY too long to get to the back of the Woodlands via Woodlands Parkway, Lake Woodlands, or Research Forest.

Yes, it's built through now. Now all they need to do is turn Woodlands Parkway into an expressway. It takes WAY too long to get to the back of the Woodlands via Woodlands Parkway, Lake Woodlands, or Research Forest.

Totally agree. 20 minutes without traffic to back. And now they are installing 4 more lights west of Kuykendahl in addition to the two they just put up. That will add another 5-7 minutes. Everyone is starting to use Sterling Ridge as a parallel course for that part.

Totally agree. 20 minutes without traffic to back. And now they are installing 4 more lights west of Kuykendahl in addition to the two they just put up. That will add another 5-7 minutes. Everyone is starting to use Sterling Ridge as a parallel course for that part.

People living near 2978 have options but they live in the back and the time to get there is part of their bargain. I know of no plans to build an expressway. That would ruin The Woodlands. Traffic needs to be better distributed. To do that, Research Forest or better yet, Lake Woodlands needs to be enhanced to move more traffic. 242 still can hold a lot more traffic. The Woodlands Pkwy is designed to move traffic at 45 MPH with coordinated traffic lights. Apparently Kuykendahl is not one of those coordinated signals. The time will come when Kuykendahl will need to do the same and have a coordinated system of lights. I see people speed all the time only to cause congestion at the lights, because all of them have to clear out of a stopped position to continue on their journey.

• 4 months later...
And now they are installing 4 more lights west of Kuykendahl in addition to the two they just put up. That will add another 5-7 minutes.

I much prefer the signals over the stop signs. It is nice to be able to flow through an intersection, off peak most of the time of course, without the total stops.

I much prefer the signals over the stop signs. It is nice to be able to flow through an intersection, off peak most of the time of course, without the total stops.

I agree. It took off a lot of stops for me the last couple of times I went through there. The timing iof the signals is critical for convenience of drivers and traffic flow. Of course I was always one who stoppped at the signs and not roll through them. Just to get people to stop makes the signals better. The other way was a bit dangerous and drivers acquired very bad habits. We wil also see a change in driving habits as a result of more policing the Woodlands Parkway. There are many people traveling 10-15 MPH over the speed limit. That does not improve time much because they have to stop at the traffic lights when the are at the beginning of the sequence at any given intersection. But they still do it. I do not hink they understand the traffic management process either. Just rush to the next stop sign or light.

the traffic signals throughout town center will eventually be timed to increase traffic flow through the area. i think the signals along research forest, woodlands parkway and lake woodlands should be timed for people traveling near the speed limit as well.

• The title was changed to Lake Woodlands Built?

Archived