Happy Valentine's Day

KimberlySayWhat

• 2 years later...

A day of celebrating a Catholic Bishop's life which started in 5th century Rome, St. Valentine was beheaded. Very interesting story!

Do you remember signing all those Valentines to take to school and then passing them out when you got there in the morning? What do you remember? Any special stories?

First thing I thought of was school but my big brothers Birthday is in February so I just remember mom always baking a Birthday cake shaped like a big Valentine.

We kids would sing real fast only so that we could devour the cake, thats all we were thinking of! :D

Now I better go buy some flowers for my lady or I will get beat up!

A day of celebrating a Catholic Bishop's life which started in 5th century Rome, St. Valentine was beheaded. Very interesting story!

Do you remember signing all those Valentines to take to school and then passing them out when you got there in the morning? What do you remember? Any special stories?

I remember.. back in the late 80's.. after working at Radio Music Theatre.. VD was on a Thursday that year.. and going to a Valentine's Day party at Loreno's Local Charm on Lawndale. It was kind of an art car crowd party.. this band called The Missles played.. and my buddy Bryan Taylor was handing out those cute little Valentines we all used to give out at school as kids. That was fun.

I would say my EARLIEST recollection would be 2nd or 3rd grade at Pilgrim Elementary. We all had to go to the back of the class and face the wall, my teacher, I believe it was Mrs. Abbs, called each of us one by one while the others stayed put. When your name was called, you would go and put the Valentines you made into each person's bags that were up by the chalkboard. Back then,mid 70's, not EVERYONE got a Valentines card either, and boys certainly didn't give them to boys, and vice versa.

• The title was changed to Happy Valentine's Day

Archived