Donald Trump Planning Tower In Dallas

Dallasboi

Hey I just Read over at the Dallas forum that Donald Trump is planning to build A tower in Dallas Called "Trump Tower Dallas", But Trump decided not to disclose the exact details on the land he is in th e process of Purchasing. I would have posted the article but I m really not to good at this computer stuff. But you can Go to Dallasmetropolis.com and pull it up under Urban Development. Sorry guys. :closedeyes: :blush:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is the article in full.....

Dallas Business Journal - 3:17 PM CST Thursday

Trump sets sights on Dallas

Glenn Hunter

Editor

Real estate tycoon Donald J. Trump says he's eying land in North Texas for a project called Trump Tower Dallas.

"We're literally looking at something right now, and if we do it we'll make it very, very successful," Trump told the Dallas Business Journal by phone from New York Thursday.

While he declined to provide specifics, the wealthy entrepreneur said he'll visit the tower's proposed site next month when he speaks at the Learning Annex Real Estate Wealth Expo at the Dallas Convention Center.

"The speech is giving me the incentive to go out and look at the land," Trump said. "The land that we'll purchase will be terrific, if we decide to do this."

Asked to describe the site's location, Trump said: "I'd rather not. Because otherwise, it won't be available for purchase for very long."

Trump, president and chairman of the New York-based Trump Organization, developed the Trump Tower skyscraper and the Trump International Hotel & Tower, a luxury hotel and residential building, in New York.

Most recently he announced plans for Trump Tower Philadelphia, a 45-story, $190 million luxury condominium project along the Delaware River waterfront. It would be similar to other Trump buildings planned for Las Vegas, Chicago and Tampa, Fla.

Experts say Dallas has been a hot market for high-end condos. The most successful such projects have been the W Dallas Victory Hotel and Residences and the Residences at The Ritz-Carlton, said real estate consultant Ted Wilson, a principal at Dallas-based Residential Strategies Inc.

That's mainly because both the W and the Ritz have "national and even international brand appeal" and are associated with full-service hotels, Wilson said.

ghunter@bizjournals.com | 214-706-7109

And does every press release about Trump use the words "terrific" and "very successful"???

I had to put down my drink down to reply to this. The man does have an ego problem and he is hardly at the top of his game. Just looking at some of the stuff he has annouinced lately such as towers in Tampa, Las Vegas, and to an extent New Orleans, the projects aren't that much greater than any other architect or developer. Sometimes his buildings are just single use buildings or towers in the park, making his buildings just something to look at and lately some designs have not been to flattering except Chicago. He is really just becoming a brand which probably has to do with the "original" names for his projects.

I had to put down my drink down to reply to this. The man does have an ego problem and he is hardly at the top of his game. Just looking at some of the stuff he has annouinced lately such as towers in Tampa, Las Vegas, and to an extent New Orleans, the projects aren't that much greater than any other architect or developer. Sometimes his buildings are just single use buildings or towers in the park, making his buildings just something to look at and lately some designs have not been to flattering except Chicago. He is really just becoming a brand which probably has to do with the "original" names for his projects.

I guess I have not seen the Chicago design. I don't recall ever seeing a Trump Building anywhere that was noteworthy for its architecture, design, decorating, or any other category (other than the all-important category of massaging the ego, and filling the bank account, of The Donald).

Is it just me, or does every press relase about Big D have the word "high end", "brand appeal", "ultra urban" or some other super slick marketing word?

That's whay I love Big D! It's SO swanky.

I think calling the W and Ritz Carlton "high end" is pretty understated, and nowhere near a slick marketing word.

I do agree with the other poster about Donald's use of "terrific" and "very successful". You could have pulled that entire quote from one of his episodes of The Apprentice. I'm not going to get very excited over the deal, he has mentioned coming to Dallas before so I'd rather focus on real projects that are moving along instead of one that probably will not happen.

Jason

Why Dallas and especially Philpedelphia!!! Before Houston, not trying to pull a Marsha,Marsha,Marsha move here or maybe I havent been in TX long enough to understand The Texas Republic politics.

If I understand most of his "out-of-town" properties, other developers put together the deal and Trump does little more than lend his name to the development. Maybe Houston developers haven't realized the value of the Trump cache. Or maybe they don't think Houstonians would be impressed. Or, more likely, condo highrises haven't caught on here like they have in some other cities, Dallas included.

If Dallas is included in this list of where the "high rise market have not caught on" how come they have a possible Trump Tower in the works. Also, knowing the way Trump's egotistical mind works, he will probably make this building the tallest one in Texas. And if he makes it any similar to his building he's building in Chicago it will have high class retail at the bottom and an amazing architecture. Also I truely believe Trump will build in Dallas this time due to the fact that Trump already believes he has found a great location. Evidence to back this up is when Trump said to the Dallas Business Journal, "The land that we'll purchase will be terrific, if we decide to do this." This proves Trump already believes he has found a good location which is one of the most important things in the real estate world. The only reason Trump is using these "ifs" is because he doesn't want everybody to know that a high-profile developer like him thinks the Dallas real estate economy is amazing(which it is). If he lets people know he believes that, land in Dallas will be purchased like crazy causing prices to go up.

If Dallas is included in this list of where the "high rise market have not caught on" how come they have a possible Trump Tower in the works.

If you had read the sentence correctly, you would have seen that I DID include Dallas in the group of cities where highrise condo towers are popular.

And certainly, if Trump used the word "terrific", then he must be serious, because Trump is not known for throwing superlatives around wantonly. :unsure:

If he's looking in Dallas, he's also looking in Houston.

do i sense *cough* .....................jealousy

hahahaha, I'm just being nice and polite.

Jealousy? no, no, not at all. In high school, I did my duty as all proud Texans should and made a choice between Dallas and Houston - which one of the two big cities I would like the most. I picked Dallas.

Even in high school, naive and fresh, I was able to recognize that Dallas is the superior city. :P

If Trump really does have plans to build in Dallas, I would have to say it's because there is finally developing a downtown neighborhood characterized by exclusive high-rise residential buildings. Every population center has that neighborhood where all the rich folks live in big expepensive houses - Beverly Hills, River Oaks, Highland Park etc., but not all cities have a this kind of tightly packed high-rise neighborhood. In Dallas, part of Uptown is immerging as this neighborhood - real dorks call it "LoMac", short for Lower McKinney.

When I said Houston would also be on Trump's tower to-do list, it's because he would be foolish to omit such an important market from the Trump brand extention.

If I understand most of his "out-of-town" properties, other developers put together the deal and Trump does little more than lend his name to the development. Maybe Houston developers haven't realized the value of the Trump cache. Or maybe they don't think Houstonians would be impressed. Or, more likely, condo highrises haven't caught on here like they have in some other cities, Dallas included.

Have condo highrises really caught on more in Dallas than in Houston? Are there really that many more of them in Dallas?

Have condo highrises really caught on more in Dallas than in Houston? Are there really that many more of them in Dallas?

The Dallas forumers certainly make it seem that way. Have I counted the number of high rises that have actually been built, versus proposed, in either city? No. I doubt anyone has. Maybe the concentration of proposals in a small area of Dallas makes it seem that they are popping up everywhere, but I think most of us here would agree that the "perception" is that more highrises are being built in Dallas.

Again, maybe the flood of proposed highrises obscures the number that are actually being built. Anyone have numbers on both cities?

The Dallas forumers certainly make it seem that way. Have I counted the number of high rises that have actually been built, versus proposed, in either city? No. I doubt anyone has. Maybe the concentration of proposals in a small area of Dallas makes it seem that they are popping up everywhere, but I think most of us here would agree that the "perception" is that more highrises are being built in Dallas.

Again, maybe the flood of proposed highrises obscures the number that are actually being built. Anyone have numbers on both cities?

Red, I can tell you that Dallas is not on the residential highrise map, at least not as much as some posters claim. I was just in the Big D and had a few minutes to kill so I drove through DT and UT, and while they had some impressive displays (midrise density), it was nothing great. At least in regards to residential highrises. In fact the Galleria area far surpasses what I have seen in Dallas.

I think it is all relative. Considering how little high rise condo development Dallas has had outside of Turtle Creek, it is on fire right now. There are many developments that have either broken ground, about to break ground, or will break ground in the next six months. Plus, there are numerous mixed office/condo developments coming to the scene too. Houston probably has more overall and have had them for years....so again...it is relative.

The Dallas forumers certainly make it seem that way. Have I counted the number of high rises that have actually been built, versus proposed, in either city? No. I doubt anyone has.

I think a lot of people do that. I'd do that but I have trouble tracking some of the Houston projects for whatever reason, which may or may not have anything to do with the setup of this forum.

Anyway, the projects that I can think off of the top of my head in Dallas that are either under construction right now or are about to be are:

The W, Azure, Cirque, The House, 7/11 Headquarters, Ritz Carlton, 2000 McKinney, Stoneleigh, The Mondrian, and One Victory Tower.

I don't keep track of the ones downtown so I can't list those. I remember you were complaining about one of them but I don't even remember the name of it! Hopefully someone has a list of some of the Houston projects, and certainly add/correct my list.

Jason

I don't keep track of the ones downtown so I can't list those. I remember you were complaining about one of them but I don't even remember the name of it! Hopefully someone has a list of some of the Houston projects, and certainly add/correct my list.

Jason

:lol:

I think I was carping about the government grants to one of the office tower redo's. Renovations don't count. Only new stuff.

:lol:

Red, I can tell you that Dallas is not on the residential highrise map, at least not as much as some posters claim. I was just in the Big D and had a few minutes to kill so I drove through DT and UT, and while they had some impressive displays (midrise density), it was nothing great. At least in regards to residential highrises. In fact the Galleria area far surpasses what I have seen in Dallas.

[/quote

I do have to say you are incorrect here. Dallas has always been a leader in Texas for high rise projects. Houston in catching up, but Dallas will always have more condo projects that Houston.

Archived