Sign in to follow this  
ekdrm2d1

4605 N. Braeswood Blvd. (Formerly Meyergrove Apartments)

With the repetitive flooding, I wonder what, if anything, will get built here. 

• Like 1

From a few days ago.  I know this strip of Braeswood is home to 3 mid rises.  Will this just become yet another?

O9kynkV.jpg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, AREJAY said:

The two buildings next to the apartments are on the demo report today also - says new construction by Suvera properties 

http://swamplot.com/daily-demolition-report-you-lucky-dog/2019-03-01/

I did not know there were two buildings there.  Last week I thought to myself when is that single story office bldg going to come down.  Thought it's time was near! That second building is really far back on the property.

Here's some photos of today.  One bldg down, one to go!

OvsyFKV.jpg

pQzlH5J.jpg

ACa6Gz4.jpg

Edited by ekdrm2d1
  • Like 2

Old news, from 2012, but some info about the property.

HFF secures financing for southwest Houston multi-housing community

http://alex-donedeals.blogspot.com/2012_03_27_archive.html

HOUSTON, TX – HFF announced today that it has arranged financing for Meyer Grove Apartments, a 227-unit multi-housing community in Houston, Texas.

Working exclusively on behalf of Rockwell Management Corporation, HFF placed the 10-year, 4.37 percent, fixed-rate FNMA loan through Greystone Servicing Corporation, Inc.  Loan proceeds were used to acquire the property.

Meyer Grove Apartments is located at 4605 N. Braeswood directly across Loop 610 from Meyerland Plaza in southwest Houston.  The 7.34-acre site is close to the Texas Medical Center, The Galleria and Greenway Plaza. 

The 99 percent occupied property has seven residential buildings with one-, two- and three-bedroom units.  Community amenities include three swimming pools and two laundry facilities.

Houston-based Rockwell Management Corporation currently manages 20 multifamily properties with more than 5,000 units and six office buildings totaling 530,000 square feet.

Talked with a Cherry employee a few months ago.  He said they were hired to clear the land and to spray grass.  This one might sit for a while.

Today, I caught some grass being sprayed.

aHCcrDp.jpg

xAfOc8N.jpg

mQgAvMo.jpg

• Like 2

Did a little digging and the original owners, HFF Houston, that bought the property that were potentially going to build apartments here is now part JLL. Don't know if this means the apartments are still happening, but normally when a merger happens like this the new company has to take time to comb through the older companies assets. Hopefully they will still go thru with the plans.

Evidence (look at the top left corner):

https://www.hfflp.com/locations/houston.html

• Like 1