Jerry Sloan has never really done anything special in the playoffs. JVG hasn't done much either, I think JVG ios more of an honorable coach especially in the eyes of his players. Hopefully he take sthe Utah Series and hopefully they still another series.

Jerry Sloan has never really done anything special in the playoffs. JVG hasn't done much either, I think JVG ios more of an honorable coach especially in the eyes of his players. Hopefully he take sthe Utah Series and hopefully they still another series.

You're right. He's only been to two back to back NBA Finals. He would be a two-time NBA champion if it wasn't for a certain Jordan beasting in Chicago.

You're right. He's only been to two back to back NBA Finals. He would be a two-time NBA champion if it wasn't for a certain Jordan beasting in Chicago.

I am talking recent years, you can't compare his malone stockton days, to his teams now. That was more players making it, than coaching I think. You can see he can coach a regular season well, but he can't do much else. Just like you can't say Kobe is a great playoff leader until he does well with the other people who were around him. You can't compare the past with the present so openly.

Should have traded Bonzi when we had the chance..

Agree'd he was a waste of a roster spot and space. I wonder what if any teams would even pick him up next year. GO ROCKETS. I think we are a better team than Utah seeing how we missed more games from our stars then they have, and even after a 12-1 start we are still there for homecourt in the playoffs.

We need to finally beat NO/OK! and i wonder how many if any starters Dallas and Pheonix plan on playing?

I think Utah faces Dallas, Pheonix then US, and we play NO/OK, Pheonix and then Utah. So this last game could be interesting EH!

I am glad we clinched Home court, but like JVG said home court is not really an advantage unless there is a game 7. Wich I hope in our case is not the deal. Go Rockets lets beat Utah!!!

I think clinching home court also clinched us a win in the first playoff series against the Jazz. We needed something to give us that extra punch to get us through to round 2. I honestly don't think we have a chance in round 2 though, we need more shooters to compete with Phx and Dal.

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully we beat the Jazz tonight. Coach Don Nelson of the Warriors knew the ins and outs of that Dallas team. Dallas also doesn't have a center like we do. We match up well against them.

Well, that's the name of that tune.

Once again they can't make it past the first round! Frustrating!

But it's just a game. There's always next year. I still love the Rockets as I do my other Houston teams, the only sports teams I care about. Can't do anything but root for them.

Some advice to Charles Boozer of the Utah Jazz: where clear deoderant. Every time he went to the free throw line you could see clusters of white deoderant tangled up in his sweaty under arm hair.

If Raefer didn't have the worst shot selection in the world, we might be a way different team. I'm also convinced that if some of the bench players played more in the season they could have contributed a lot more in the playoffs. I blame that on JVG.

• 3 weeks later...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2883178

There's no current 2007 thread, and I thought it's too early to start one since the playoffs are still going on, but still, Alief's own Rashad Lewis is gonna be a free-agent. What are the odds of him possibly coming back to his hometown H-Town without losing any of our main three? (Yao, McGrady, Battier)

Also, guess who else may be opting for free-agency...McGrady's 3rd cousin Vince Carter

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2883178

There's no current 2007 thread, and I thought it's too early to start one since the playoffs are still going on, but still, Alief's own Rashad Lewis is gonna be a free-agent. What are the odds of him possibly coming back to his hometown H-Town without losing any of our main three? (Yao, McGrady, Battier)

Also, guess who else may be opting for free-agency...McGrady's 3rd cousin Vince Carter

The odds are slim to none unless Seattle wants to work a sign and trade and take on some of our expiring contracts. We could never get him as a free agent, he'll make top money and we only have a mid-level exception to work with. We'd have to do a sign and trade with Seattle and most likely we'd have to trade at least Battier in order to make it worthwhile for them. Sure we could put Juwon or Rafer in a deal, but why would Seattle want them?

I say trade Battier for a scorer. Sure he's good on defense, one of the best, but he's an offensive liability. He reminds me of Adam Everett for the Astros and look what's finally happening to his playing time.

I say trade Battier for a scorer. Sure he's good on defense, one of the best, but he's an offensive liability. He reminds me of Adam Everett for the Astros and look what's finally happening to his playing time.

I disagree. I think Battier is a great all-around player, and has a great outside-shooting presense. He's probably the 2nd most consistant player on the Rockets other than Yao Ming.

I say we keep the big three, and see if we could pick up another big-name signing. The Rockets need depth, especially on the bench. Some of their occasional starters (Alston, Head, Howard, Mutombo when Yao was injured) would be great players to come off the bench. Let's see what they do, and I hope Battier stays because I don't see any reason why he should leave.

The guy is an unrestricted free-agent. He can go anywhere he wants.

Can U imagine if we had Yao Ming, Battier, Rashad Lewis, McGrady, and either Head or Alston starting? That'd be a lethal high-scoring bunch. They already have the defense down; high scoring was pretty rare for the Rockets this season, and Adelman's known to be a score-driven coach

I disagree. I think Battier is a great all-around player, and has a great outside-shooting presense. He's probably the 2nd most consistant player on the Rockets other than Yao Ming.

I say we keep the big three, and see if we could pick up another big-name signing. The Rockets need depth, especially on the bench. Some of their occasional starters (Alston, Head, Howard, Mutombo when Yao was injured) would be great players to come off the bench. Let's see what they do, and I hope Battier stays because I don't see any reason why he should leave.

Can U imagine if we had Yao Ming, Battier, Rashad Lewis, McGrady, and either Head or Alston starting? That'd be a lethal high-scoring bunch. They already have the defense down; high scoring was pretty rare for the Rockets this season, and Adelman's known to be a score-driven coach

I guess we see things differently. I don't think the Rockets have a "big three." We have a big TWO. Battier contributes about 6-9 points a game and can't create his own shot. Speaking of Luther Head, he fell on his face in the playoffs. I say the only guys we MUST keep for next season are T-Mac, Yao, and Deke. Chuck Hayes can stay though it'd be nice if he'd come off the bench, he's not a starter on most playoff caliber teams. I say trade the rest for the Big Third option that we're lacking.

I guess we see things differently. I don't think the Rockets have a "big three." We have a big TWO. Battier contributes about 6-9 points a game and can't create his own shot. Speaking of Luther Head, he fell on his face in the playoffs. I say the only guys we MUST keep for next season are T-Mac, Yao, and Deke. Chuck Hayes can stay though it'd be nice if he'd come off the bench, he's not a starter on most playoff caliber teams. I say trade the rest for the Big Third option that we're lacking.

Although a big three would be nice, I'd rather have more role players who are consistent. Our role players weren't consistent. And I think our depth could have been better, but JVG didn't give some guys the chance they needed. I sort of feel like things weren't broke, but they still tried to fix things. We should have just kept James as a backup PG, even if he had a score first mentality. He brought fire off the bench. And Kirk Snyder did well the season before and was the aggressive type we needed, yet JVG refused to give him enough minutes. And why didn't he play Dikembe more in the playoffs?

And I agree that Battier wasn't consistent enough either, at least not in the playoffs.

I say we get some good all around players like Battier, and once Adelman gets a hold of them, they'll be more balanced.

Although a big three would be nice, I'd rather have more role players who are consistent. Our role players weren't consistent. And I think our depth could have been better, but JVG didn't give some guys the chance they needed. I sort of feel like things weren't broke, but they still tried to fix things. We should have just kept James as a backup PG, even if he had a score first mentality. He brought fire off the bench. And Kirk Snyder did well the season before and was the aggressive type we needed, yet JVG refused to give him enough minutes. And why didn't he play Dikembe more in the playoffs?

And I agree that Battier wasn't consistent enough either, at least not in the playoffs.

I say we get some good all around players like Battier, and once Adelman gets a hold of them, they'll be more balanced.

They need a good consistent point guard. They should find a way to get Mike Bibby(PG) who used to play under Aldeman back in Sacramento. Get rid of Alston and have Luther come off the bench. It looks like Bonzi(PF) is coming back since he had a good relationship with Aldeman back in Sacramento. We just need to tweak our bench a bit more.

Edited by donnieyen

There have been rumors over at Clutch Fans that Kobe Bryant is real unhappy with his situation in LA. Why not trade T-Mac and Reefer Austin for Kobe and maybe a bench warmer? As much as I love T-Mac, Kobe is better around big men. Just look how many rings him and Shaq won together (3). I would do it, but would feel bad just for a bit for T-Mac.

I'll give up Tracy for Kobe any day. Let's do it!

Kobe can't lead in LA with Phil at the helm, what makes you think he can lead here? Sure, he may be the best all around player in the league, but without being a leader or team player, what do you have? Evidently a first round exit. We've done that already, I want a Finals appearance.

I'll give up Tracy for Kobe any day. Let's do it!

Why not trade for Kobe AND keep McGrady and Yao Ming? Alston, Howard, and Battier for Kobe would be an even trade, then if they wanted, they could still try to sign free-agent forward Rashard Lewis

That'd be total murder on the dance floor, yo

I think there's no way the Lakers would do that DJ, IMO. Tracy must be part of the deal. However, 610 guys were saying that the Lakers probably wouldn't even want Tracy. I agree. He's injury prone, and I don't know if any of our other guys look appealing either, especially after these past playoffs. The only hope we have is to give up a first rounder.

ProHouston, why in the world would you not want the best player in the league? This is pretty much like passing up on Michael.

And Kobe had nobody around him. We have YAO. And who are you gonna add to a team that's better than Kobe? You want a Finals? Get Kobe.

I think there's no way the Lakers would do that DJ, IMO. Tracy must be part of the deal. However, 610 guys were saying that the Lakers probably wouldn't even want Tracy. I agree. He's injury prone, and I don't know if any of our other guys look appealing either, especially after these past playoffs. The only hope we have is to give up a first rounder.

Look at who they gave up Shaq to Miami for...

Look at who they gave up Shaq to Miami for...

I don't remember. Who?

But Kobe still has at least three or four more years of dominance in him. Shaq was already past his peak and on the decline. That's the difference I see in the two.

I don't remember. Who?

But Kobe still has at least three or four more years of dominance in him. Shaq was already past his peak and on the decline. That's the difference I see in the two.

Kobe has like six years of raw dominance left in him. I hope we trade Rafer, Battier, maybe Head for Kobe. Imagine our lineup with T-Mac, Yao, KOBE, Wells?, Snyder?. Who would our last two players be?