Houston Loses A Nationaly Broadcast Award Show

citykid09

Do you guys think Houston should equipt places like the George R Brown for events like this, so that Houston won't loses them to places like Nashville?

Nope. Houston's doing just fine without the gospel awards. Besides, even if you did equip Houston, you're still not going to get real award show anyway. Not as long as you've got New York City, Las Vegas, Miami, & Los Angeles.

So lets spend our tax dollars elsewhere. mmm-kay? ;)

I think you can buy balcony and still sit in the front row. How many people watch these awards show. How people watch any awards show. The last I've seen, ratings are continuing to decline for awards shows.

Seeing people congratulate each other isn't that exciting.

Sooooooooooooo, are you telling me I WON"T be able to "scalp" these primo tickets for 4th row center that little ray ray promised me were good seats. <_<

Nope, and no picking up Amy Grant in the Skyline Bar at the Hilton Americas and making her scream "Oh, God!", either.

Bummer. :o

Nope, and no picking up Amy Grant in the Skyline Bar at the Hilton Americas and making her scream "Oh, God!", either.

Bummer. :o

She is such a "painted hussy". I don't if you would have found Amy attending this awards show though, I'm pretty sure she is NOT up for any awards at this show. :) No more Gospel Awards, dang it ! Next thing you know they'll be closing down Astroworld. Where does it end ?

I wanted to take the opportunity to tell citykid that I apologize that this thread turned into something else. I don't know how important this "Gala" was to you. I would venture to say that hardly anyone that cruises these boards even knew that The Stellar Awards were even given out here in Houston, hence, we are not that shaken up by it. Houston is not that big on Hollywood type things, such as televised award shows. The only people who really care about such things in this town are The high society maidens who care a great deal about the "who gave the most money to charity this year " awards that they hold downtown to pat themselves on the back. Maybe we'll get something else to replace it, like the "Miss Teen USA pagaent", since Gulfport and Biloxi were pummeled beyond recognition by Hurricane Katrina.

well, i for one had never heard of it or know much about any of the featured artists, (israel...the ever extending winans clan...) but i would think there would be a market for jeebus music here...who knew...

also, it says on the website (which is mucho crap-tacular) that it is returning to nashville, so it wasn't really here to begin with...

I wanted to take the opportunity to tell citykid that I apologize that this thread turned into something else. I don't know how important this "Gala" was to you. I would venture to say that hardly anyone that cruises these boards even knew that The Stellar Awards were even given out here in Houston, hence, we are not that shaken up by it. Houston is not that big on Hollywood type things, such as televised award shows. The only people who really care about such things in this town are The high society maidens who care a great deal about the "who gave the most money to charity this year " awards that they hold downtown to pat themselves on the back. Maybe we'll get something else to replace it, like the "Miss Teen USA pagaent", since Gulfport and Biloxi were pummeled beyond recognition by Hurricane Katrina.

That was a refreshingly decent post in this thread. Being a Christian and fan of the Winans, I'm sad to see it go.

She is such a "painted hussy". I don't if you would have found Amy attending this awards show though, I'm pretty sure she is NOT up for any awards at this show. :) No more Gospel Awards, dang it ! Next thing you know they'll be closing down Astroworld. Where does it end ?

y'all better be careful what you say 'bout Amy,

Vince is gonna come down there and kick

all y'all Texan butts!

y'all better be careful what you say 'bout Amy,

Vince is gonna come down there and kick

all y'all Texan butts!

I could dangle a twinkie in front of Vince's face and have him drooling all over it, then by that time he will have forgotten all about what was said. :)

Archived