Dallas/Fort Worth Photo/Video

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are they ever going to do something with the Trinity River.  Houston's grand opening of the new Buffalo Bayou Park is Saturday.  They did a amazing job.  4,000 trees planted, built two lakes, thousands of plants.  New LED lights and 3 bridges.  Clean up the bayou and added Texas native plants.  It is very cool.  Thousands will there Saturday with music and fireworks.  Come on down the weather will be great!    

No leadership on the city council. From what I've heard the Mayor is fed up with it and wants something done. No one in control seems to have any real direction on the matter.. The area has a lot of potential. I think something will happen in the next 5 years.

Personally I wish they just put a damn on the southside and let the river fill up to a point where its pretty and usable to people like the lake in front of Austin. The damn can open up during heavy rains to prevent flooding. Just my idea but Im not civil engineer.

Trinity_Lakes_Bridge.jpg

I did see a article on the Dallas Morning News "Houston Has A Park" It said too many members have control of the Trinity  River and cannot agree what to do.  Is that the Toll Road they are building?  I'll try to find the video.      

No leadership on the city council. From what I've heard the Mayor is fed up with it and wants something done. No one in control seems to have any real direction on the matter.. The area has a lot of potential. I think something will happen in the next 5 years.

Personally I wish they just put a damn on the southside and let the river fill up to a point where its pretty and usable to people like the lake in front of Austin. The damn can open up during heavy rains to prevent flooding. Just my idea but Im not civil engineer.

Trinity_Lakes_Bridge.jpg

Thank you Mr Onion.. For bringing me that info so I dont have to go looking for it.

You are the best friend ever!

Did you know about the original Houston Tower? Found it on Wiki.

Houston Tower General information

Status Never built

Location Houston, Texas

Cost USD 1.5 billion

Height Roof 6,864 ft (2,092 m)

Technical details Floor count 500

Pretty insane uh? You could probably see it from Mars.

On the building youre talking about: I hope they build it. Really like that design too!

Thank you Mr Onion.. For bringing me that info so I dont have to go looking for it.

You are the best friend ever!

Did you know about the original Houston Tower? Found it on Wiki.

Houston Tower General information

Status Never built

Location Houston, Texas

Cost USD 1.5 billion

Height Roof 6,864 ft (2,092 m)

Technical details Floor count 500

Pretty insane uh? You could probably see it from Mars.

On the building youre talking about: I hope they build it. Really like that design too!

Again and again someone has nativehoustonian and never use it.  Don't call me Onion I thought we were friends. 

• 3 weeks later...

Yea, I think its pretty much finished. I agree its more subtle and looks great.

I think all these bridges are in preparation for the future when the lakes are developed.

Try to imagine that top pic without all the trees sticking out.

Actually two sweeping arches will be seen on the second signature bridge once it is complete, in roughly another year.  The second arch will of course look just like the one in the image but on the opposite side of the bridge.  

The second signature bridge is part of Interstate 30's remake heading into Downtown Dallas, which once completed will have about 22 or so lanes is what I believe I read on Dallas Metropolis awhile back. 

22266150000_8a8b8c29c2_b.jpg

Archived