Explosion Sounds

ed86

I live in pecan park, and I was wondering if any body has also heard the stuff I've been hearing almost every night around 1am and happens couple of times within 10-20 mins, what I've been hearing is like explosions at a distance but it's been almost every night when getting ready to go to bed or getting home from work, to me it's not trains hooking up the carts, it's like almost thunder or explosion but it's been almost every night from around 1am and couple more times after that.

I used to live across from Mason park near there and would hear them also. I always thought they were flare ups from the refineries.

Also, from time to time, I would hear what sounded like hundreds of steel tubes/pipes falling from a forklift of sorts. Huge clatter and commotion. Never heard of it on the news though.

That's Prouler Southwest (I believe) which operates a large Scrap Steel operation along the north side of Buffalo Bayou just across from the park at Hirsch Rd/Bridge. They load barges with the scrap. Noisy. Interesting to watch. And the bike trail on the south side of the bayou there is really beautiful. Took it last weekend. Worth the trip!

Greetings! First time to post here. I was searching online to see if anyone had experienced a thundering sound last night.  It shook my house.  I live between Lockwood and Dumble.   I don't think it came from the rail track. It felt like the sound hit our house and then shook it.   No rain or thunder last night either.  

Greetings! First time to post here. I was searching online to see if anyone had experienced a thundering sound last night. It shook my house. I live between Lockwood and Dumble. I don't think it came from the rail track. It felt like the sound hit our house and then shook it. No rain or thunder last night either.

Heard the loud explosion sound last night around 9:30ish. Live near Harrisburg @ Lockwood as well. It was so strong it shook our house even our Christmas garland hanging above our front door, swayed a bit afterwards. The train tracks along Harrisburg are within view but there was no train on them. I have heard these explosion sounds from time to time only within the past year or so and at different times of the night. Last nights was the loudest I've heard so far.

I think they did the dome demo at 9:30 on Sunday, but I didn't hear, or feel anything, and I'm in Broadmoor. I'd find it very odd that we could have heard the explosion from the dome demo all the way over here. 

I do routinely hear the trains hitching up, but I've lived here so long now it's become white noise.

I think they did the dome demo at 9:30 on Sunday, but I didn't hear, or feel anything, and I'm in Broadmoor. I'd find it very odd that we could have heard the explosion from the dome demo all the way over here. 

I do routinely hear the trains hitching up, but I've lived here so long now it's become white noise.

I'm in Broadmoor as well and, when I heard the explosion around 9:15-9:30, I remembered that the towers were scheduled to come down that night. My dog is a rescue and is terrified of thunder and loud noises; she sat shivering in a corner for several minutes afterward.

Also sometimes I've noticed it's only during the winter time or when it's cold, I hear this loud rumbling noise windows shake and it's loud sometimes even during the day, to me sounds like when airplanes are speeding up, have yall ever been at hobby when planes are taking off the loud rumbling noise that's what it sounds to me, I live right next to HCC south east campus so yall get the idea from hobby to hear is still some distance, but that's the only think I can think off, the noise is loud like rumbling and it shakes the windows but it's been only couple of times.

• The title was changed to Explosion Sounds

Archived