Continental Oil Company Building At 506 Lamar St.

oilhistory

I had an uncle that was a geologist for Conoco. He worked at all three of their Houston headquaters buildings, the one pictured above, the one on Main St.(the green colored building) and then the campus out on Katy Freeway. Too bad he has passed on. I'll bet he had some interesting stories about those places.

My sister worked for Conoco during the merger with Philips. She says that was the worst business decision that Conoco had ever made and that everybody at the Houston office regretted it. The Philips people came in from Oklahoma and within a couple of years bullied most of the good Conoco people out.

I had an uncle that was a geologist for Conoco. He worked at all three of their Houston headquaters buildings, the one pictured above, the one on Main St.(the green colored building) and then the campus out on Katy Freeway. Too bad he has passed on. I'll bet he had some interesting stories about those places.

My sister worked for Conoco during the merger with Philips. She says that was the worst business decision that Conoco had ever made and that everybody at the Houston office regretted it. The Philips people came in from Oklahoma and within a couple of years bullied most of the good Conoco people out.

Their headquarters was also in Greenway Plaza in between the downtown and Katy Freeway locations.

I don't know the street address, but their headquarters building was at the southeast corner of Lamar and Louisiana. In 1956 they moved to the Conoco Building at 1300 Main. Here's the original head office:

Here's another photo of that building from the Bob Bailey archives that says it was at 506 Lamar.

• The title was changed to Continental Oil Company Headquarters (Conoco)
  • The title was changed to Continental Oil Company Building At 506 Lamar St.