Barcadia Bar & Grill At 2600 Travis St.

DrLan34

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

me and some friends went to the soft opening last night, definitely a cool bar. the entire staff is tatted up. the games are excellent, especially mortal kombat.

also a new retail clothing store next to Coffee Groundz opened up where comcast use to be. They split the comcast store into two different leases, one to the clothing store, and one is vacant.

also, the apartments at bagby and mcgowen look great. excellent infill.

I've been to the one in Dallas a couple times. It's a cool and popular place. THIS is the type of bar we need in Midtown. This is exciting. They have all the 80's video games and ski ball. They also have an old Nintendo so you can play Tecmo Bowl and Super Mario.

me and some friends went to the soft opening last night, definitely a cool bar. the entire staff is tatted up. the games are excellent, especially mortal kombat.

also a new retail clothing store next to Coffee Groundz opened up where comcast use to be. They split the comcast store into two different leases, one to the clothing store, and one is vacant.

also, the apartments at bagby and mcgowen look great. excellent infill.

Thanks for the good news! I passed that place a night ago and made a mental note to go there. Slightly off topic, but the new apartments off mcgowen do look great and are excellent infill. They span 3 blocks, one full block is taken up and the two adjoining blocks are partially taken up. This part of midtown should "urbanize" nicely over the next several years.

• 2 months later...

soft opening? When is the 'official' opening?

I'm eager to go!

Barcadia is expanding into the open retail space behind their current location... it will include bowling and more games. Should be pretty good. They are also going to start serving brunch there as well.

I've been to the one in Dallas a couple times. It's a cool and popular place. THIS is the type of bar we need in Midtown. This is exciting. They have all the 80's video games and ski ball.

You end up with the 20-somethings banging on the plexiglass tops of the sit-down Pac-Man machines wondering why the giant touch screen isn't responding. :lol:

You end up with the 20-somethings banging on the plexiglass tops of the sit-down Pac-Man machines wondering why the giant touch screen isn't responding. :lol:

I am really glad I wasn't drinking any liquid when I read that. That's one of the funniest things I've seen this week.

Barcadia is expanding into the open retail space behind their current location... it will include bowling and more games. Should be pretty good. They are also going to start serving brunch there as well.

Glad to hear this. I've been to Barcadia last weekend and last night... each time I wondered why they didn't expand into the adjoining space w/ more games. The place is really cool.

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to hear this. I've been to Barcadia last weekend and last night... each time I wondered why they didn't expand into the adjoining space w/ more games. The place is really cool.

Barcadia has their new "Sunday Funday" menu out:

"mimosas $4 ea

bloody marys (w/three olives tomato) $4

fresh fruit mojitos $5

$4 u-call-its from 3pm - 2am"

http://barcadiahouston.com/

• The title was changed to Barcadia Bar & Grill At 2600 Travis St.