Forbes Names The Woodlands #14 Best Place To Live

wxman

• 2 weeks later...
Forbes looked at young, mid- and upscale suburbs near major corporate plants and offices with populations of 25,000 and over. Using data from 2000 to 2007 Census records, they looked at the number of people in each town who were born out of state or abroad, who had moved to town from a considerable distance within one and five years, and who had moved for a job.

All important criteria on my list.

All important criteria on my list.

Red, they just need to meet the right kinds of friends! ;) I hear, anectdotally, that Woodlands is most popular with folks from the Atlanta, Kansas City and Tampa suburbs. And occasionally, refugees from the insurance corridor in Connecticut. What's not to love?

Actually is was not voted as the 14th best place to live. It was voted the 14th best place to relocate to. That is, people looking for relocating to this area, this is where they tend should look. I am not sure how international roles play into the voting, but my guess - it plays a large part. In the past, TW has been voted into the top group to live but not this time. This is how I understand this award.

• The title was changed to Forbes Names The Woodlands #14 Best Place To Live

Archived