What color should I paint this bungalow?

Repainting the entire exterior of this bungalow. Looking for some Sherwin Williams color names.

Leaning towards a greyish mossy-green or a greyish blue-green.

The samples we initially bought were way too light... should've known it would look 3 shades lighter on the house than on the tiny sample card! Want to go with the same intensity of color (ie not too dark) as the existing color.

post-7831-1246066487.jpg

Repainting the entire exterior of this bungalow. Looking for some Sherwin Williams color names.

Leaning towards a greyish mossy-green or a greyish blue-green.

The samples we initially bought were way too light... should've known it would look 3 shades lighter on the house than on the tiny sample card! Want to go with the same intensity of color (ie not too dark) as the existing color.

So funny, I was going to post a pic of my house for the same reason.

I know, remove that awful wood siding and put some stucco on it, then paint it beige or peach. Got to get with the times and make it look like a Tuscan bungalow. Tile roof would be nice too.:D

I know, remove that awful wood siding and put some stucco on it, then paint it beige or peach. Got to get with the times and make it look like a Tuscan bungalow. Tile roof would be nice too.

Don't forget the quoins!

Seriously, I have always avoided green as it blends too much to the landscaping, but a rust color would look fantastic on a small cottage like that. Our 1930's home as an orangy-red brick on the first level w/ olive green trim, and I like the way it contrasts with the green plants. The downside is that the dark color will absorb more heat in the summer, but such is the price for a great color.

Archived