Houston: 8th Tallest Skyline

wxman

According to Forbes, Houston is the 8th tallest skyline in the world. We are one of four American cities out of the 10 global cities to make it. The others are NYC, Chicago, and LA.

http://realestate.yahoo.com/promo/the-worl...est-cities.html

http://www.forbes.com/2009/01/30/new-york-...thisSpeed=15000

* Houston in my opinion doesn't hold a candle to the other global cities. The pic of our skyline that they used is rather puny to say the least compared to the others.

Edited by wxman

Agreed, I could go and snap a better shot than that by far in a few minutes... I guess you have to live here to know the good angles.

I'm wondering how did they scale this? I'm thinking by a point factor... for example... every building 1,000 feet and taller got like 2 points, and everyone building 700-999 feet got 1 point? Possible. If that case is true, The Burj Dubai should have gotten like 3 points on that scale, being over 1,000 feet taller than the next tallest in the world. I'll say it before and I'll say it again on the height of the Burj Dubai... Holy Crap! Seasickness and vertigo for all! :lol:

If Dubai's situation improved I'm sure they're not far from stealing the number 2 spot, and then I'm sure wanting to mercilessly take over as number 1 eventually.

Hopefully if the Freedom Tower ever gets done it'll give New York back a little boost to keep hold of its number 1 spot (as far as this ranking goes)

PS, I'm sure this thread would be better suited in the "Houston and the Media" section.

Edited by Geoff8201

• 2 months later...

Agreed, I could go and snap a better shot than that by far in a few minutes... I guess you have to live here to know the good angles.

I'm wondering how did they scale this? I'm thinking by a point factor... for example... every building 1,000 feet and taller got like 2 points, and everyone building 700-999 feet got 1 point? Possible. If that case is true, The Burj Dubai should have gotten like 3 points on that scale, being over 1,000 feet taller than the next tallest in the world. I'll say it before and I'll say it again on the height of the Burj Dubai... Holy Crap! Seasickness and vertigo for all! :lol:

Wells Fargo Tower was pretty close of 992 feet.

Still have 1 point ^_^<_<