Channel 2 lays off anchor Wendy Corona

segovia

I don't watch Channel 2 but the few times I did stop by looking for news information, Wendy Corona was quite competent as an anchor.

I just saw this, too, and am confused why they wouldn't get rid of the pompous overbloviated (I made that word up) deadweight instead. Geez. Wendy at least smiled more than once a day

jeromegray2.jpg

But Lauren is still staying!

260xStory.jpg

My word, this is my first time seeing her not sitting behind an anchor desk! No doubt, she WILL be missed by me. :D

As somebody who knows her personally, I am very sad to hear the news. I just saw her two weeks ago. I'm sure that she'll be picked up quickly. She's very competent and very professional. God speed, Wendy!

Does Dominique have a thrall over KPRC? Most people seem not to like her, yet the station has bent over backwords to cater to her

seems like. Wendy seemed so much more competent than Sachse??? Maybe its Voo-Doo, yep.... or boobs!!!

Maybe they have a mortgage on all of the plastic surgery and can't afford to walk away from it.

Dominique keeps her job for three reasons. She's drop dead beautiful, has good eye contact with the camera and is able to read the news with authority and sincerity. She doesn't need anything else.

That's a good thing because she has nothing else to offer, but in today's world of TV news, that's all most TV stations want from an anchor.

Dominique keeps her job for three reasons. She's drop dead beautiful, has good eye contact with the camera and is able to read the news with authority and sincerity. She doesn't need anything else, and that's a good thing.

She has nothing else to offer, but in today's world of TV news, that's all most TV stations want from an anchor.

That's interesting. I find her to be an utter caricature of a woman, with a fake smile and fake concern to go with her fake boobs. But, clearly a small minority of Houstonians agree with you, as evidenced by Channel 2's small minority of viewership among news programs.

Dominique keeps her job for three reasons. She's drop dead beautiful, has good eye contact with the camera and is able to read the news with authority and sincerity. She doesn't need anything else, and that's a good thing.

She has nothing else to offer, but in today's world of TV news, that's all most TV stations want from an anchor.

Drop Dead beautiful.... ok if you say so. The few times I have seen her and her Husband, Hulk, Her face is all botoxed out, for a woman not that old, yikes!!! Yet you make a valid point.

Drop Dead beautiful.... ok if you say so. The few times I have seen her and her Husband, Hulk, Her face is all botoxed out, for a woman not that old, yikes!!! Yet you make a valid point.

I will concur that she does a competent job reading the news, but "beautiful" she ain't. She looks like a blowup doll.

I ABSOLUTELY AGREE WITH YOU! Dominique is beautiful and does a great job. Not only that, for those who call her fake, I can assure you she's not. She is the nicest person you'd ever want to meet...yes, off the camera.

Dominique has chemistry with the city, is more than competent, AND is ridiculously hot. I have also heard that she is extremely nice in person.

I'm surprised to see so many people here ragging on her.

She has toned it down the past couple of days, not a scary as usual, maybe she reads this blog.

Archived