Mod in Saddlebrook for sale.

BenH

According to HCAD the value went from $644,974 in 2005 to $1,000,000 in 2006. That seems strange, such a big jump. I would have thought that meant that it sold for $1M in 2006 and now they're trying to get $1.3M for the lot, but it says BPM Partners have owned it since 1999. I wonder how long it has been unoccupied. Before that it shows several owners, back to 1984 with Dr. Wm Knox Brown.

What a gorgeous house. I can just imagine my furniture in there and my dog running free in the big yard.

Ahh, if they'd only pay teachers what we deserve...

Jason

Nice lot & home...too bad it probably won't be appreciated for what it is. Viewing that backyard makes me want to clean it up, I can visualize how it used to look, with landscape lighting.

I would be scared to death of the possible mold in that house. If I were asking $1.3mil, I am certainly gonna pay a couple of grand to get the landscaping in order. A few hundred for a decent powerwash would do wonders for that joint. Good Luck Ms. Blackwell, BTW, I would put a more professional pic for yourself, instead of one with computer glare on your glasses.

(TJ to himself) why are we so critical today ?

BTW, I would put amore professional pic for yourself, instead of one with computer glare on your glasses.

To me the pic says "I'm so busy with meeting my clients needs that I only have enough time to take this quick shot with my web cam before I get back to work." Now that's dedication.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd for sure get mold and asbestos issues cleared up, but it looks solid and could be spectacular with the right buyer. I agree that it's rather a high asking price in today's market, esp. for a high-end fixer-uper. The low-end quality of the photography doesn't measure up to the high-end property being promoted. That MUST be addressed. Hope a deal can be worked out. It's a fine looking mod.

Archived