look in the sky

sarahiki

Lol, I was just about to post a reminder about this but u beat me to it :P . Through the naked eye its pretty impressive, even more so if you can see one of the moons with binoculars. We got lucky that its a clear, cold Houston night with such clean air from this passing cold front. Wish I had a telescope right about now.

Based on perspective and not the actual size of the planets, is the larger one Venus and smaller one Jupiter?

Everyone check it out now cause in a couple hours it'll be setting!!

Agreed; it was quite cool. Furthermore, if you're close enough, you can see the Goodyear blimp over Reliant as well!

Agreed; it was quite cool. Furthermore, if you're close enough, you can see the Goodyear blimp over Reliant as well!

Yep, I caught the Goodyear blimp hovering over my backyard enroute to Reliant Stadium earlier tonight, brought back old memories of the old Goodyear blimp from Spring that would come into town every now and theb. From my sight, it was hovering just below the celestial trio in the sky. It was beautiful, though for some reason, I now have a strange urge to subscribe to DirectTV. :P

I also was able to see one of the moons with my binoculars. It appeared as a small blur, cool nonetheless.

Archived