Party City Next To Best Buy

ok, so there is such a huge demand that there is now a party city next to Best Buy at Gulfgate. I really dont understand the need. I havent been invited to a party with decorations in yrs, yet this store is in my area...hmmmm.

MM..when is the next happy hr speaking of parties.

is staples the new store going in next to best buy? Guessing they have done the market research and plan to put office depot out of business? Not this is releveant, just trying to keep the east side board happening

is staples the new store going in next to best buy? Guessing they have done the market research and plan to put office depot out of business? Not this is releveant, just trying to keep the east side board happening

I heard it was Staples. How many shredders do people need, for chrissakes?

Don't know about this board, but the HEB was jammed this afternoon around 3. Craziness. I've only seen it that bad for pre-thanksgiving and super bowl shopping.

sad thing about that store is if you removed the 3 generations of family that are with the purchaser, I dont think it would be that crowded. Its Sunday, people want to get out of the house at the hottest part of the day, so they can turn off the a/c. What a better place that a grocery store. They kids can run around and eat things and put back the half eaten portions. you can see I really hate going to that store.

Don't know about this board, but the HEB was jammed this afternoon around 3. Craziness. I've only seen it that bad for pre-thanksgiving and super bowl shopping.

party city and shoe carnival are the ones being built now....supposedly next to that will be staples and palais royal.

the heb has pretty much been madness since the hurricane. i've only purchased a gallon of milk and some oj since the storm and said i'll wait til crowds go down. was going to clear lake one after work today (thought it would be better) and crowds were just as ridiculous.

why don't you go to the telphone/bellfort krogers?

Cause I dont have a bullet proof vest. We go to the Krogers in Pearland. We will soon be going to HEB at blackhawk and 8. Both are fairly close to the house and have the whole food/cent.market items. Seems we go to Pei Wei on Waugh once a week, so also go to the Kroger over there.

Cause I dont have a bullet proof vest. We go to the Krogers in Pearland. We will soon be going to HEB at blackhawk and 8. Both are fairly close to the house and have the whole food/cent.market items. Seems we go to Pei Wei on Waugh once a week, so also go to the Kroger over there.

that heb is where my parents go. there's also a kroger's on the beltway which is probably about the same distance as the pearland one.

The W. Gray Krogs is my main store, on account of proximity to work. I love it, they have a little corner in the back of the meat case 'manager's special' for the meat that's only got 2 days left on it. Go on a Thursday or Friday and it's ribeye and NY strips and sirloin for half off or more. If you're going to eat it in a day or two, there are really good beef bargains there.

This place is going to make $$$.

Lets just be happy its something "in the now" :D

They actually are pricier than Arnie's so that may be a bit of a challenge. Oh well party!

There was a party something next to where skeeters is....Closed about 2 years ago.

It's funny how many hundreds or possibly thousands of people (especially office workers in downtown) just LOVE Arnie's and I guess the other one Party Boy?

It's tough to beat those wholesale prices and Arnie's has everything under the sun, just about everything ...the kitchen sink too? :D

Actually the Party City I personally have been to on 59/Buffalo Spdwy? has stuff TWICE the price of what you see at Arnie's.

Gulfgate is not the same big $$$ spending crowd you find in the Kirby district so they could be in for a "big surprise". Pop that balloon!

scfeat115.jpg

It's funny how many hundreds or possibly thousands of people (especially office workers in downtown) just LOVE Arnie's and I guess the other one Party Boy?

It's tough to beat those wholesale prices and Arnie's has everything under the sun, just about everything ...the kitchen sink too? :D

Party Boy's prices aren't nearly as good as those at Arne's, and the employees at Arne's are considerably more enclued than those at Party Boy. And I can't think of Party Boy without thinking of Chris Pontius of "Jackass" infamy.

But I guess Party Boy's got a captive market now in that area, though, until Arne's repairs the damage from Ike and reopens.

But I guess Party Boy's got a captive market now in that area, though, until Arne's repairs the damage from Ike and reopens.

My creativity is kicking in again.

When making repairs to Arnie's building I would make the holes in walls appear as a huge pinata getting hit with a big stick or having a champagne bottle bursting in the side of the building! :D

Make giant metal/metallic streamers popping out of the roof, etc. Sure would draw attention from passerbys and make more $$$$ for all.

ok, so there is such a huge demand that there is now a party city next to Best Buy at Gulfgate. I really dont understand the need. I havent been invited to a party with decorations in yrs, yet this store is in my area...hmmmm.

Perhaps they were getting desperate for a tenant that they signed whoever would pay the rent. Don't worry. They'll be out of there soon.

People got their welfare checks/lone star cards. Some have FEMA $ to spend as well.

Welfare checks in around this time of the month thats another main reason to avoid any grocer around these here parts.

Its a miracle that Best Buy is still there. :mellow:

Welfare checks in around this time of the month thats another main reason to avoid any grocer around these here parts.

Its a miracle that Best Buy is still there. :mellow:

Yes.

I wonder if they've been robbed? Truthfully, the area is not that bad.

• 1 month later...

There is another addition being built to the left of Party City, and then some. There is plenty of parking on that side of the shopping center however, the row of tenants are invisible or knowledge of mall visitors unless there is a great big sign pointing arrows to them.

Here we are! :)

Imagine a large new cafeteria here? I know dream on.

Would make $$$

There is another addition being built to the left of Party City, and then some. There is plenty of parking on that side of the shopping center however, the row of tenants are invisible or knowledge of mall visitors unless there is a great big sign pointing arrows to them.

Here we are! :)

Imagine a large new cafeteria here? I know dream on.

Would make $$$

You mean like a Steak Kountry buffet? What would they serve?

Forgive me for being "ethnically presumptive"

Como se dice Quinci

a quincinera is a 15 or 16 yrs olds birthday party for a girl. Kind of like a bar mitzfah (boy) except for a girl becoming a lady. Compleanos is just a birthday.

Anyway, for a time there seemed like most parties are in the front yards right on the sidewalks. <_< Whole new topic I know. Rats. :)

This area has its lower than income areas so most will buy whatever kids party junk at dollar stores, Party City is tad more expensive and as noted before, everyone loves Arne's and its worth the drive. Let's see how long this party store stays open, set your watches.

a quincinera is a 15 or 16 yrs olds birthday party for a girl. Kind of like a bar mitzfah (boy) except for a girl becoming a lady. Compleanos is just a birthday.

Anyway, for a time there seemed like most parties are in the front yards right on the sidewalks. <_< Whole new topic I know. Rats. :)

This area has its lower than income areas so most will buy whatever kids party junk at dollar stores, Party City is tad more expensive and as noted before, everyone loves Arne's and its worth the drive. Let's see how long this party store stays open, set your watches.

quincinera is for 15 since that is what quince (15) is in Spanish

Went to Party City (Gulfgate) day before Halloween and had to walk out of there. The place was packed (people). It was the before so, it was an execption. Who knows how business is during off-peak season. But at least it gives me another option closer to home.

Went to Party City (Gulfgate) day before Halloween and had to walk out of there. The place was packed (people). It was the before so, it was an execption. Who knows how business is during off-peak season. But at least it gives me another option closer to home.

After reading one of Party City's elaborate ads, I went there in mid October to look for some items to complete my costume. The place was crowded and the selection was pretty much into pirates and little else. Frankel's on Polk turned out to have a fantastic selection as well as better prices - they were so busy that there was security for parking as well as inside the store.

After reading one of Party City's elaborate ads, I went there in mid October to look for some items to complete my costume. The place was crowded and the selection was pretty much into pirates and little else. Frankel's on Polk turned out to have a fantastic selection as well as better prices - they were so busy that there was security for parking as well as inside the store.

I can't believe how each year Frankel's gets more crowded.. Just a few years ago I could park in the front on Halloween. Guess those days are gone.

I can't believe how each year Frankel's gets more crowded.. Just a few years ago I could park in the front on Halloween. Guess those days are gone.

If you ever have some spare time one day go there & head to the back where there are rows of those historic costumes. We went to check out the renaissance costume to buy. Most have been rented for years are in need of repair or to be copied like soon. :o Its bizarre how painstaking the detail of material is on these outfits. Most are like materials or fabric used in upholstery/drapes, weigh heavy. Imagine how much heavier it is when worn? Going back there is like stepping into a time machine or movie studio backlot, just toooo cool!

Now I know where to get some pumpkin pants. :)

MedievT7911G.jpgpumpkinpants0001.jpgrenMladyshakespearianLman10.jpg

• The title was changed to Party City Next To Best Buy

Archived