The DeGeorge Hotel At Union Station At 1418 Preston St.

The Great Hizzy!

Are they ever going to renovate their Midtown location. If it's done, then I'm pretty disappointed with the progress. That ugly rooftop sign from the Days Inn era are still there and it still looks like a second rate motel. I thought they were supposed to fix it up.

• 2 weeks later...

Im sick and tired of everthing that's been happening around here... nothing but idiotic devs and moronic decisions by our retarded city council and developers. And just what in the blue hell are all these homeless humans doing in DOWNTOWN?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Typical reality of chicken ____ liberal leaders in this city. They are more concerned about re-election than resolving this issue.

The homeless groups are the biggest problem. They are actually contributing to the problem. If I were a betting man I would say they are importing homeless from other cities as to justify their cases for mo government dole.

These homeless groups are the new carpet-baggers, and their tactics border on shakedown vs donation seeking.

In the middle sit the pawns, the true homeless themselves.

Wow, that's great they doing something for the homeless vets. Degeorge is a good man thinking about the homeless vets, and it looks like its going to be a pretty nice building for them. Not only that, but residental programs to help the veterans to adapt to independent living.

And why y'all so hard on homeless? Every major city have problems with this situtation. You think we bad, you haven't seen New York, L.A., Chicago, etc. I can go on and on. So chill, Houston's homeless is not near is bad as those cities. y'all talk like we're the captial of homeless. Get real.

Wow, that's great they doing something for the homeless vets. Degeorge is a good man thinking about the homeless vets, and it looks like its going to be a pretty nice building for them. Not only that, but residental programs to help the veterans to adapt to independent living.

And why y'all so hard on homeless? Every major city have problems with this situtation. You think we bad, you haven't seen New York, L.A., Chicago, etc. I can go on and on. So chill, Houston's homeless is not near is bad as those cities. y'all talk like we're the captial of homeless. Get real.

I think the Lincoln Park right behind the White House is a heaven for homeless, or so I heard. The Central Park in Manhattan, surrounded by the prestigious and upscale neighborhoods of Upper East Side, Upper West Side and 5th avenue area, isn

Although, just because it's not specific to Houston, doesn't mean its something we should still just shrug off and do nothing about.

Less homeless people on the streets can make the city look alot friendlier and safer. Especially if we want families to move downtown. I don't think a parent would want their child walking past alleys full of homeless people (which may not all be in the best mental condition) and having to worry about some sick person hurting their kid.

Although, just because it's not specific to Houston, doesn't mean its something we should still just shrug off and do nothing about.

Less homeless people on the streets can make the city look alot friendlier and safer. Especially if we want families to move downtown. I don't think a parent would want their child walking past alleys full of homeless people (which may not all be in the best mental condition) and having to worry about some sick person hurting their kid.

So what can we do? I mean, doesn austin have some sort of "welcome home" plicy for the homeless?

We should have plenty shelters for them. And IMO I think we should forcifully get them help so that they aren't causing trouble(of course not in a way to hurt them.)

I probably sound like a hypocrite for saying this, (but I still stand behind that the city should try its absolute hardest to get homeless off the street, atleast in downtown, off the streets) but getting the homeless off the street would be a difficult task.

Most homeless people break the law everyday. Squatting under a bridge is against the law. Read Rudy Guilliani's book and you'll learn how he cut crime in NYC by over 50%. He started by picking up homeless people and running criminal checks on them. This isn't to be insensitive. We don't all have the same lot in life. I understand this. But allowing some mentally unstable and substance dependent people to roam freely on the streets is a defeatists policy.

• The title was changed to The DeGeorge Hotel At Union Station At 1418 Preston St.