Shenandoah Office Building

wxman

i wondered when other office space developers would jump in in this area. the woodlands development co. has been able to restrict office space within its boundaries so that pent up demand would ensure success of each building. other developers getting in the game may spur a little more speculation by the woodlands development co.

This will definitely be a fun development to watch since I drive by it everyday. Sort of a random location for a 10-story building, but it will do. :)

Also, they are building a 5 to 3 story building right down I-45 next to Grace Community Church near Rayford-Sawdust.

the location by grace seems to be more of an odd location. at least the shenandoah building is in a business park. i have a fear that corporations may want to move to the woodlands and not deal with the woodlands development company, thereby building midrises on all sides of town center. maybe not a fear, but more of an "OMG this place is out of control".

one of the board members of TCID was quoted in the paper saying something like "it isn't growth that we're worried about, but having the infrastructure in place for what's coming."

the location by grace seems to be more of an odd location. at least the shenandoah building is in a business park. i have a fear that corporations may want to move to the woodlands and not deal with the woodlands development company, thereby building midrises on all sides of town center. maybe not a fear, but more of an "OMG this place is out of control".

one of the board members of TCID was quoted in the paper saying something like "it isn't growth that we're worried about, but having the infrastructure in place for what's coming."

Exactly! There is another 600-700,000 people expected to move into the area in the next 20 years. I didn't hear about the 3-5 story by Rayford. We went to go get a Christmas tree two nights ago and I saw the lot was cleared for the building. It is a bad location. It floods there periodically and you have to do a u-turn under that dark bridge to get to it. I would expect in the next 20 years or so to see several more Anadarko towers...or at the least numerous 15 story buildings in the area. Speaking of which, the crane is up for the new 8 story in the town center.

I didn't hear about the 3-5 story by Rayford.

Yup, it has a bill-board there. It's simply an abandoned lot next to the left of Grace Community Church with a building that appears to be 3 to 5 stories with a green facade.

• 6 months later...

I didn't think it was necessary to give this story its own thread, so here it lies.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/nb/woo...ws/5833611.html

Council members approved funding the next stage of building two gateways to the city.

The signs will be on the north and south Interstate 45 feeder roads at the intersections of Research Forest Drive. Along with brick walls bearing the city's logo, the plans also include accompanying 38-foot tall columns that will be seen from the freeway.

The design council members chose from three different proposals will cost about $850,000, said Scott Slagle, principal of Clark Condon Associates Landscape Architects of Houston, which is heading up the project. That cost includes lighting, decorative fencing and crosswalks, he said.

Yup, it has a bill-board there. It's simply an abandoned lot next to the left of Grace Community Church with a building that appears to be 3 to 5 stories with a green facade.

They've cleared the lot for this now...moving along nicely.

• 4 years later...

Archived