Anything You Want

gwilson

So is this where I start begging?

Provided I can get myself in gear with the basil, I will be more than happy to cut you in on homemade pesto.

The sausage, see if I like you on Dec 30. My brother lives about a mile and a half from my folks, and I find that he is hogging the sausage. If there are any freezer leftovers come middle-end January, he's with mom explaining how he needs it for mardi gras, etc. Asshole hasn't been to mass in 10 years. There really is a little sausage war brewing.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All restaurants are worth trying generally.

At Hungry's, we had their sampler appetizer which had hummus, cous cous and another thing on it, it was good. The best part was my entree though. I chose from the appetizer menu but it was excellent. Two portabello mushroom caps (I tasted balsamic vinegar) served on top of boiled/wilted spinach and then on top of the 'shroom was diced tomatos and feta cheese (I had them add extra for mine). It was AMAZING.

I've also been spending some a lot of time at Los Cucos on Westheimer and Fountainview and have been enjoying the chicken and spinach quesadillas, sans chicken.

I've been looking for some good vegetarian fare. Thanks!

I have a coupon for the one out here (I think it's on 1960) ... is it really worth trying?

Yes siree. We had the Westheimer local cater our Christmas... oops "holiday" luncheon and were entranced for hours, I know I was. :blush:

Hopefully you can get the lasagna fresh out of the oven. Even the tomato sauce will leave you silly. Then there is the bread...Ohhhh! It's too early for this torture.

and I am lusting for the other dishes everyone else here has clearly & vividly described. Ottimo! or excellent!

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5580098.html

New luxury Silverado IMAX opens today near Tomball

I was just thinking, now how could anyone say anything negative about a new theater opening and lord and behold! look at the stuff they start out with on the Chron comments. Really slammed Willowbrook. No ones ever happy I guess. This new Imax will benefit those nearby by but as far as us city slickers are concerned its too far out of the way. Opps!... gotta stay positive...I love Imax! :P

ARGH!

I wanted to go to see the NYY-Redsocks game in NYC and they're all sold out!

Damnit it to hell!

Why dost thou foresaken me, Lord?!?!?

I'm going to go cry now...and get some baked ziti.....with cheese.

Edit: LOTS of cheese, Sauce, and some vodka. This calls for a day off.

ARGH!

I wanted to go to see the NYY-Redsocks game in NYC and they're all sold out!

Damnit it to hell!

Why dost thou foresaken me, Lord?!?!?

I'm going to go cry now...and get some baked ziti.....with cheese.

Edit: LOTS of cheese, Sauce, and some vodka. This calls for a day off.

Cheese makes lots of things better. vodka makes lots of things a lot better. which reminds me, need to make a Specs run at lunch. Oops, while I was online last night I drank the last of my BFs cognac. Damn and he drinks the expensive stuff too.

Too bad about the tix. I, on the other hand, just made a major baseball score! Bought my mini-pack online and I got end seats in my favorite area--field boxes along the third base line. Seat numbers 1 and 2. Yay!!!

Didnt get your ziti yesterday?

I got it yesterday. But this is PITY ziti, there is a difference. The vodka is the exclamation mark.

Cheese makes lots of things better. vodka makes lots of things a lot better. which reminds me, need to make a Specs run at lunch. Oops, while I was online last night I drank the last of my BFs cognac. Damn and he drinks the expensive stuff too.

Too bad about the tix. I, on the other hand, just made a major baseball score! Bought my mini-pack online and I got end seats in my favorite area--field boxes along the third base line. Seat numbers 1 and 2. Yay!!!

Yeah, it sucks. I wanted to go. Scalper for me. I already got a bunch of tickets for astros. I go too irregularly to go buy season tickets, sometimes work gets in the way (note to self: Find another job) and can't always take two days off for a game.

yes. you read that right.

Does anyone ever go by themself to a game? I might have to do that this year.

it's been a while, but I've done it a number of times over the years. Sometimes just showing up and getting a ticket at the box office. Buy yourself a cheap seat up top and wander aorund.

When my ex and I separated at the beginning of the season, I'd go (this was driving in from San Antonio) and give my other ticket away if I could. I would go to see if any singles were lining up at the window, and just ask them if they wanted my seat. (Assuming it was someone I wanted right next to me.) I actually dated a guy I met this way.

Does anyone ever go by themself to a game? I might have to do that this year.

Oh yeah, I went for a long time by myself all the time, but now I go with a friend or two and it generally turns into an entire days event...sometimes two.

it's been a while, but I've done it a number of times over the years. Sometimes just showing up and getting a ticket at the box office. Buy yourself a cheap seat up top and wander aorund.

When my ex and I separated at the beginning of the season, I'd go (this was driving in from San Antonio) and give my other ticket away if I could. I would go to see if any singles were lining up at the window, and just ask them if they wanted my seat. (Assuming it was someone I wanted right next to me.) I actually dated a guy I met this way.

When I was regularly dating, one of the prerequisites for me is that they had to enjoy baseball. I'd take a date to baseball and just hang out (and drink) and BS with people around us. It was pretty cool.

Of course, now my idiot friend (there is a reason why I call him that) usually actings like a "blocker" for me now.

Edit:(note to self: get new friend or find a girlfriend)

Oh yeah, I went for a long time by myself all the time, but now I go with a friend or two and it generally turns into an entire days event...sometimes two.

I wouldn't mind hearing how one baseball game can be turned into a two day event.

I wouldn't mind hearing how one baseball game can be turned into a two day event.

get text msg: "Game"

check calender. cancels following days appointments.

sent text msg: "Cool. Tomorrow."

Day one:

4:45am: Whine. moan. delicate flower. Work.

9am: finish appointments. Park car in random garage, (out of town) clients' home, buddy's house.

10am: take cab to BW3 Midtown. Order wings. Beer. Yum.

10:15am: Wings arrive. order 2nd beer. Eye Golden Tee game.

noon: Idiot Friend arrives. Ask about kids and wife. He grunts. More beer. resort to credit card for golden tee. Life is Good.

Noon+15min: buys friend ANOTHER round.

2pm: Take cab to friend's bar. Beer. BS.

5pm: Arrive by cab to Flying saucer or Slainte's. (depends on which can be more easily pronounced).

If Slainte' owner rolls eyes and immediately pours beer.meets imaginary friend.

If FS We head to Golden Tee and IF orders beer.....and pays for once.

Then drink. play golden Tee.

6pm: Ponder walking to stadium.

If wander to game. We sit. Order beer. Check out Xbox Game.

If Walking, go to Home plate. Order beer. Take swipe at imaginary friend for making rude comment.

7pm: Watch game from bar.

7:30: go to game after beer. imaginary friend doesn't have ticket. whines about needing to buy one.

8:30: go to home plate again. Drink beer. sees imaginary friend lying in gutter and laugh.

8th inning: go back to game to cheer.

9th inning: go to a random bar. wakes up imaginary friend.

11pm: friend ponders wife. I call wife on phone, get the "Don't let him drive drunk" speech. throw IF in cab.

Midnight: Finishes beer. puts imaginary friend in cab. Hails another cab. goes home.

2am: Texts friend, "Who won?"

4:45am kills alarm. says FU to the world and the cat.

noon: wake up.

ROFL...

all of todays posts are classic. Especially the play by play.

The chicago edition was funny. It includes a buzz that lasted from 9am to 4am. The loss of my idiot friend on the EL and some hilarious Drunk dialing.

We're pondering a, NYM, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, or St. Louis edition.

The chicago edition was funny. It includes a buzz that lasted from 9am to 4am. The loss of my idiot friend on the EL and some hilarious Drunk dialing.

have never been to a game in Chicago and I'm afraid I'd need rehab after. Me and Ex had similar exploits in St Louis and Boston. Unfortunately his exploits included jail. But the good news is the current Mr Crunch is a baseball fan. He keeps me in line.

Editor should create HAIF dating, haha

Or you can just PM me, lol

Be careful what you wish for :lol: . HAIF if what, like 80% men?

Lock, if I didn't already have a permanent date, I'd put you on the list for a game. Of course people might think you're my son, but hey. A free good seat is a free good seat!

Be careful what you wish for :lol: . HAIF if what, like 80% men?

Lock, if I didn't already have a permanent date, I'd put you on the list for a game. Of course people might think you're my son, but hey. A free good seat is a free good seat!

That's true. Maybe HAIF dating isn't such a good idea.

And hey...I have no problem being seen a son, I am one already! :)

edit: I WISH HAIF was 80% men. I think it's more like 98%

I'm not a big baseball fan, but I'd be down for some Mets action.

Okay, when I went to work yesterday, the gas at the station near me was $2.99 (twenty cents more than two weeks before). When I came home from work and desperately needed gasoline, the price had jumped to $3.05.

How can gas jump $.06 in one day!?!

This is getting outrageous and I hear we're gonna be hitting $4/gallon gas by Memorial Day.

refinery growth is limited. more people coming to the US. more cars. what is going to happen?

And not just to the US. There are more and more people in the world wanting the same oil. The simple theory states that as China and India come into their own, they will need increasing rates of petroleum, driving up the prices for everyone.

So, unless there is a massive increase in PRODUCTION (and there isn't) we are doomed to higher oil prices.

Archived