Midtown Shoppes

midtownuser

this one?

http://www.crosspointproperties.com/prop1.htm

see if that fixes it. according to the site, there will be a starbucks, wine bar, and a restaurant....2 other spaces available. i'm not sure how many more wine bars we can handle, but who cares, it's an improvement on what's there now. i suppose they plan to get tons of calais customers and eventually build a base of support from that.

regarding the midtowne shoppes, is that really a new development? Cali, etc. was already there. it looks more like a facelift more than anything else...based on what it used to look like, i'll welcome the change with open arms.

The other link is down but this lists currently signed tenants if this is the one you are looking at...

http://www.midtownshoppes.com/

One step forward (a cool project going up at Elgin @ Louisiana) and two steps back (this crap called Midtown Shoppes). Hell, as if the strip malled site wasn't subruban enough, they even gave it a corny name!

One step forward (a cool project going up at Elgin @ Louisiana) and two steps back (this crap called Midtown Shoppes). Hell, as if the strip malled site wasn't subruban enough, they even gave it a corny name!

...and perhaps another half-step forward. If you look at the title of the home page, it spells Midtown as 'Midtowne'. Fortunately, it seems that that twist didn't make it into the final cut.

I agree, though, that the styling and the name are ill-targeted to the customer base. They need to target people between about 22 and 35, educated, well-paid professionals, mostly without kids. It needs to be edgy. There is a time and place to use design and names to connote safety, conservative values, etc.: when you're marketing to families with children. This is not the time; this is not the place.

The name is silly, but very much par for the course. I doubt it will hurt the marketability of the project; I wouldn't think most people give any thought to the names. It is just a run-of-the-mill suburban strip center. Trying to pass as "edgy" would be a bit of a stretch.

...and perhaps another half-step forward. If you look at the title of the home page, it spells Midtown as 'Midtowne'. Fortunately, it seems that that twist didn't make it into the final cut.

I agree, though, that the styling and the name are ill-targeted to the customer base. They need to target people between about 22 and 35, educated, well-paid professionals, mostly without kids. It needs to be edgy. There is a time and place to use design and names to connote safety, conservative values, etc.: when you're marketing to families with children. This is not the time; this is not the place.

I'll be darned...we agree! :D

Wonder how come the plan on the website is upside down (south at the top of the page)? Are they from Down Under?

Archived