Houston Google Maps updated

I just noticed that maps.google.com has been updated. The new satellite maps appear to be from April/May 2006. (at least in Midtown)

Yeah, My Google Earth has been updated finally. Mine is from April/May 2006 also.

How do you know that approximate month, is there a time stamp?

They are just looking at the development in the area and guessing an approximate time-frame by what is there versus what isn't there in terms of new development.

I also just used the contruction in the area as a timestamp.

For instance, the road on the North side of Baldwin park still hadn't had the end finished.

The framing was still going on at the Quarters at Chenevert townhomes.

The townhomes at the corner of Anita and Chenevert had not even started yet and they were in framing in late May 2006.

I also just used the contruction in the area as a timestamp.

For instance, the road on the North side of Baldwin park still hadn't had the end finished.

The framing was still going on at the Quarters at Chenevert townhomes.

The townhomes at the corner of Anita and Chenevert had not even started yet and they were in framing in late May 2006.

I can see clearly the stage of construction of my pool, and since I moved into my house in the Pearland area (288@518) in Dec/05. I can say for fact that Pearland pictures (Specially in that area), are dated Late January-Early February/06.

Yep

The Heights area where I bought my townhouse is updated. Before it was an empty lot. Still doesnt show my place because it is phase two of the development.

• 2 months later...

But why not downtown? And why is 59 going out of Downtown/Midtown still under construction on the maps if Midtown and everything else is up to date? Toyota Center doesn't even have its roof, but the old Savoy does...go figure.

• 8 months later...

Looks like they've been updated once more, perhaps taken around late fall or early winter of last year. One Park Place, HP and some of the Medical Center projects are visible under construction amongst others.

Good to see Toyota Center & Hilton Americas were finally finished, btw. Surprised that area wasn't updated for so long. :D

Looks like they've been updated once more, perhaps taken around late fall or early winter of last year. One Park Place, HP and some of the Medical Center projects are visible under construction amongst others.

Good to see Toyota Center & Hilton Americas were finally finished, btw. Surprised that area wasn't updated for so long.

Awesome, I've been waiting for downtown to be updated for a while now. The med center was fairly up to date (2007 ish) for the last year or so now but downtown was really out of date.

They updated my hood too (Museum District), you can see the Children's Museum construction and the parking garage next to it, but the "Venue Museum District" construction doesn't appear to have started yet. Mosaic 1 also looks complete, even from street view.

They are always updating street view now.

Does live.com have a street view yet? I think they have something called streetside announced back in 2006, but I don't see anything on maps.live.com. I only ask because I saw a live.com van in midtown with cameras all over the top a couple of months ago...

• 4 weeks later...

I was goofing around with the Google Map just now and happened upon Baytown. Was there a bridge at one time going south on Lee Rd. out onto Hogg Island? or maybe across to Morgan's Point before the tunnel perhaps?

• 1 month later...

Looks like they updated street view yet again...they finally got around to adding most streets inside of 610. It must have been recent, since I just checked a week or so back and my street still wasn't on there. I can finally see my house in all of its brown, winter glory!

Archived