"Lost" thread

KimberlySayWhat

May I start a new "Lost" thread? The other one is old.

I wasn't looking forward too much to last night's episode because I knew that it was going to be Nikki/Paulo centric, two characters who popped up out of nowhere this season, had probably five lines combined and then they get their own episode. I was wrong. What an awsome episode! Didn't do a thing to advance the story; at least it seems that way, but it was probably one my favorite episodes so far this season. It was interesting the way they inserted them into scenes that took place on the first episode, but also funny because Boone's hair was different and Shannon looked a little older than she did three years (four months the show's time) ago.

That creepy Hitchcock-esque twist at the end, when Nikki opened her eyes just as a shovel of sand hit her face was the best ending ever. I reckon Paulo and Nikki can't come out of their paralyses in time and dig their way out of that heaping mound of sand on top of their grave before suffocating. Can they? I doubt they'll even get a mention next week the way this show jumps around. Maybe we'll find out in a couple of years.

I'm a little sad that Paulo's gone. Two weeks ago I wouldn't have cared one way or another, but I noticed last night how gorgeous the guy is. Even messed up:

lost-expose-25.jpg

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So when she said that the spiders will not kill you only paralyze you thats why when she saw Hurley and Sawyer she said Paulo lies like he is laying lying down not dead so that maybe they would know. I'm thinking she is going to come out of that grave, but then again maybe her opening her eyes realizing she would be buried alive was like a payback death for what she did to that man that they played and killed for the diamonds.

I just can't stop watching the show, the big leg still fascinates me though, and it makes me still think that they are in some kind of Bermuda Triangle area.

Foot-statue.jpg

She said "paralyzed" in the first place, but it was convenient to the story that we were to believe she said "Paulo lies". After that I didn't really give it another thought until the end.

Did the spider from the jar attract the other spiders? I thought there was only one spider in the jar to begin with. I wonder why the jungle rumbled (the monster?) just before she was bitten.

Did the spider from the jar attract the other spiders? I thought there was only one spider in the jar to begin with. I wonder why the jungle rumbled (the monster?) just before she was bitten.

yes, remember the professor said one whiff of the pheromones from this female spider would attract all the male spiders on the island in one of the flashbacks?

i liked the episode a lot as well. for the first 45 minutes i was annoyed at the intro of new people, new questions, and no advancement of the plot. but it was done really well, and a nice break from the main storyline. nikki's pretty hot too.

yes, remember the professor said one whiff of the pheromones from this female spider would attract all the male spiders on the island in one of the flashbacks?

i liked the episode a lot as well. for the first 45 minutes i was annoyed at the intro of new people, new questions, and no advancement of the plot. but it was done really well, and a nice break from the main storyline. nikki's pretty hot too.

I was surprised too. I thought it was gonna be a scrub episode, but it ended up one of the best ever.

BTW, were they acually in the first episodes of the series? Or were they only introduced this season? That was well done.

BTW, were they acually in the first episodes of the series? Or were they only introduced this season? That was well done.

nope, they were introduced this season. good job of showing them in the flashbacks. it looks like the blended the original shots, as well as filmed new ones.

she's been in 20 episodes according to imdb all in '06-07

Oh ok. I guess I didn't realize or pay attention to whether or not you could change the title.

Earlier in the season before the black smoke monster killed Mr. Eko, he supposedly saw images from his life in the smoke. Last night when it was after Kate and Juliette, there were flashes of light coming from it as if it were taking pictures. I know it sounds silly. Has the black smoke monster been following the survivors all their lives, before the crash, in some form or another, taking images from their lives and that's how the Others ended up with so much information about them?

I didn't even realize that it was the black smoke monster last night until they actually showed it. By the sounds and the flashes, I was thinking along the lines of a dinosaur with some Pennywise (the clown from "IT") mixed in. Now that would have been neat. The unseen BSM is much cooler than the seen BSM.

Couldn't the BSM have gone underground (under the electric perimeter) in order to get to Kate and Juliette?

• 3 weeks later...

Did y'all see last nights episode?

The lady from the helicopter finally awoke from her trauma and Hurley was sitting by her. She asked him where she was and who he was. He told her that he was a survivor from Oceanic Flight 815 that crashed on this island. She said back to him you can't be from Oceanic Flight 815 because that plane was found and there were NO survivors. That was the end of that episode. I can't wait to see next weeks episode!

Also Julia really doesn't want to be on the side of the Others. If you saw last nights episode you will see why. Yes she deceived Sun, but when she mad that recording for Ben, at the end she said I hate you, showing that she really doesn't want to hurt the the Oceanic Flight 815 people she wants to be on there side but she know she could die if she tried.

So are the survivors really dead?

Is that why Mikell (or whatever his name is) is still "alive" after being electrocuted and pronounced dead? I mean he did have blood squirting out of his ears and mouth which was really gross.

Their really dead. The producers have said on weekly podcasts that dead is dead on the island. They also said that Niki and Palo would not be showing up again as they were dead. Mikail showing back up is the result of him not really having been dead after being shoved through the fence by Locke. The other interesting fact from last nights show was that the translation of what the parachutist said to Mikail was really "I am not alone" instead of thanks for saving my life as he told the guys.

Also Julia really doesn't want to be on the side of the Others. If you saw last nights episode you will see why. Yes she deceived Sun, but when she mad that recording for Ben, at the end she said I hate you, showing that she really doesn't want to hurt the the Oceanic Flight 815 people she wants to be on there side but she know she could die if she tried.

i don't think she's on anyone's side. she just wants off the island, and ben is her best chance of making that happen.

I see three possibilities for the "Flight 815 was found. There were no survivors." shocker.

1) Naomi (the parachutist) is lying

2) There is a real-world cover up by Dharma/Widmore/Oceanic Airlines/someone else such that those in the real world really do believe the wreckage was found with no survivors

3) Earlier, the tides dragged the fuselage out to sea. It's possible that this wreckage was somehow found in the ocean (outside of the seemingly invisible island's perimeter) and everyone just assumed that the plane crashed into the ocean where there could be no survivors.

I would say #2 is most likely. I'm still a little mystified about who Naomi is. The popular theory is that Penny sent her. For the record, there were 19 days between the hatch implosion/magnetic outburst in the season 2 finale (November 27, 2004) and the arrival of Naomi (December 16/17, 2004). That's enough time for a woman with serious resources to put together a covert mission to the Island. My theory is they took a large ship out into the ocean near the latitude/longitude of the anomaly. The island is invisible (probably some complicated physics answer) so they send Naomi out via personal helicopter/prop plane with the daring task of ejecting over the precise center of the anomaly so as to land on Island.

As for Mikail, I don't believe he sustained life-ending injuries via the sonic fence. My guess is his eardrums popped, hence the ear bleeding. He seemed to have trouble hearing in this episode. Perhaps he was reading lips? And lying about what Naomi said? He didn't seem to hear/notice Charlie running behind him as he was leaving with the sat phone.

I see three possibilities for the "Flight 815 was found. There were no survivors." shocker.

1) Naomi (the parachutist) is lying

2) There is a real-world cover up by Dharma/Widmore/Oceanic Airlines/someone else such that those in the real world really do believe the wreckage was found with no survivors

3) Earlier, the tides dragged the fuselage out to sea. It's possible that this wreckage was somehow found in the ocean (outside of the seemingly invisible island's perimeter) and everyone just assumed that the plane crashed into the ocean where there could be no survivors.

I would say #2 is most likely. I'm still a little mystified about who Naomi is. The popular theory is that Penny sent her. For the record, there were 19 days between the hatch implosion/magnetic outburst in the season 2 finale (November 27, 2004) and the arrival of Naomi (December 16/17, 2004). That's enough time for a woman with serious resources to put together a covert mission to the Island. My theory is they took a large ship out into the ocean near the latitude/longitude of the anomaly. The island is invisible (probably some complicated physics answer) so they send Naomi out via personal helicopter/prop plane with the daring task of ejecting over the precise center of the anomaly so as to land on Island.

As for Mikail, I don't believe he sustained life-ending injuries via the sonic fence. My guess is his eardrums popped, hence the ear bleeding. He seemed to have trouble hearing in this episode. Perhaps he was reading lips? And lying about what Naomi said? He didn't seem to hear/notice Charlie running behind him as he was leaving with the sat phone.

Remember at the end of season 2 they showed Penny in bed and she got a call saying "We found it" or something like that. What ever happened to that?

Who watched last night's episode ("The Brig")?

"Sawyer" and "Sawyer" finally came face to face. I read rumors about this so I wasn't totally shocked to find out "Tom Sawyer" was Locke's dad. That guy sends chills down me, he's so ruthless and cold. The casting on this show is flawless.

cooper.jpg

Gives me chills just looking at him.

So "Sawyer" (James) finally accomplishes his lifelong goal and kills (assuming he's dead) the man who was seemingly responsible for his parents' murder/suicide when he was a kid.

Is it just me or was this episode especially dark? The setting, the huge abandoned ship right in the middle of the jungle, the whole exchange between Sawyer and Sawyer. Then Sawyer (Locke's dad) repeats the same thing that Naomi, the parachuting girl said, their plane wreckage and bodies were found. Laughs like an evil cartoon character and says they're in hell.

Loved this episode, but it was like bad food. Felt good going down, but once it was down made me feel terrible. The overall mood was so eerie.

Why on the promo for next week did it say "three more episodes"? It said "three more episodes" last week. There should only be two more before the season finale.

I just read that the show is going have two more seasons and then end. The producers are expected to make an official announcement soon. Also, it's likely that next season won't start until January so they can air a full season with back-to-back episodes.

And the season finale in a few weeks is supposed to be huge with some shocks and unexpected deaths.

Am I the only dork here to watches anymore?

Am I the only dork here to watches anymore?

No, I'm a dork, too. :P

My son predicted that Locke's dad would be the original Sawyer. I thought he was nuts, but he was right. The show was really hard to watch this week. It was barbaric. But it's still a spectacular program. I wouldn't miss it.

Was it just me or did Anthony Cooper/Sawyer have a southern accent during the whole scene with James/Sawyer that wasn't there before? I wonder if it was an inconsistency on the show's part or on purpose. Or just me.

For comparision:

Here's a clip from the episode where he pushes Locke out of the window:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=M3_E8uHv2U0

And a clip from Wednesday's episode:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rR6jZYIXNYo

^^^Yeah, I never noticed a hick accent before on Locke's dad. He was a super wealthy man when they first introduced him -- and the hick accent wouldn't have fit that character. They've done some twisting around to tie these characters together.

I wouldn't consider it a hick accent. Just because it's southern doesn't at all mean it's hick. To me hick accents are those of Larry the Cable Guy and Jeff whatshisname. He tours with Larry the Cable Guy and the other guys. Or those from "King of the Hill" (which is set near Dallas. :snickering:)

I'm not sure where Locke's dad's supposed to be from but I assume for now it's Tallahassee.

Anyway, I wonder if he's really dead.

Back to what I was saying regarding the remainder of seasons, now I'm reading that there will be one more full season followed by a "mini-season" of just five episodes.

I heard somewhere that the total amount of episodes of the entire series will amount to 108, which is the sum of the mysterious numbers added together.

Archived