"Lost" thread

KimberlySayWhat

Just wanted to see if you guys still watched LOST.

I have a few questions maybe you all can answer.

Who was shooting those fire spheres?

What happened to the other survivors like Rose and Bernard?

I presume the island natives (hostiles) were the ones shooting the flaming arrows. But who knows with LOST.

I tend to think Rose & Bernard must have went through the same time shifts as everyone else on the island so they should be somewhere in 1977. If they were with the Dharma initiative we would have seen them by now. Maybe they are held up with the others or hostiles. I have heard the theory that they are dead in the cave and the very 2 skeletons found back in season 1 called Adam and Eve.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just wanted to see if you guys still watched LOST.

I have a few questions maybe you all can answer.

Who was shooting those fire spheres?

What happened to the other survivors like Rose and Bernard?

Yes! See my avatar.

I heard that Rose and Bernard would resurface in the season finale in May.

As for the flaming arrows, we'll probably get that POV in an upcoming episode. I thought I read that somewhere.

I'm trying to ease up on reading spoilers now that the season is winding down.

• 1 year later...

Do any of you still watch LOST? Its down to last few episodes. The last few episodes have been good, but its just not the same. It seems most everyone has been killed off or are just not on the show anymore.

Yeah we're all over Lost. I think it's been a really interesting season, but I like crazy plots that seem to go nowhere but all be intertwined. I'm also happy that we didn't start watching until season 4, because apparently nothing really happened in 1-3 except character development, which I could care less about. Kinda like that Flash Forward show now. It's annoying, but could get good in a few seasons when they stop teasing so much.

Do any of you still watch LOST? Its down to last few episodes. The last few episodes have been good, but its just not the same. It seems most everyone has been killed off or are just not on the show anymore.

I have every last season episode recorded on my DVR. Going to have a Lost marathon some day soon.  Just hope I don't here the ending before I have a chance to watch it. 

• 1 month later...

I saw it and was thoroughly disappointed. The producers took a show about something great and finished it with a cheeseball ending. Nothing was answered and all the assumptions of where they were in season one were wrong but right.

I saw it and was thoroughly disappointed. The producers took a show about something great and finished it with a cheeseball ending. Nothing was answered and all the assumptions of where they were in season one were wrong but right.

Exactly the same with me. Season one I figured it was purgatory but the producers of the show denied it. I have been watching for 6 years waiting to figure out what the numbers meant etc, but they decided to be lazy and say they were all dead. It was kind of depressing knowing that all these years the people I have been watching were dead. Although they all went to Heaven I don't consider it a happy ending. Dead is depressing no matter how you look at it.

Here is something I might be confused on, is the island purgatory?

What did not being able to get pregnant on the island have to do with anything?

If they were already dead on the island how did some of them die again?

If Miles Straume was born on the island, does that mean he was never born?

What did the Dharma Initiative have to do with anything? Or how does it tie in with the ending?

HELP me better understand this!

I thought the ending was ok, but not too great. I thought the explanation of the flash sideways seemed more of a cop out than an original intent. I wonder if the writers started down that path and then had to find a way to explain it later. My opinion on the whole Jacob successor and protecting the light, killing the man in black - I think it all ended a little too quickly and easily in the last episode. For a 7 season show, they basically just used 3 episodes total to deal with what was really the entire theme of it.

But, to over-analyze won't help. They flat out state that it was more about the people and relationships than anything else. Let it go, enjoy the ride.

My interpretations of answers to your questions:

No. It was what it was, a special island that has some special light that needs to be protected. If you wanted to stretch things you could say that the flash sideways this last season was a form of purgatory, as supposedly the group "found a way" to all be together after they died, before they moved on.

Nothing. Sometimes writers write things that might go somewhere, and then don't.

They weren't already dead. It wasn't purgatory.

Did you watch the last season or the last episode? Not purgatory, real island real people.

What did the Dharma Initiative have to do with anything? Or how does it tie in with the ending?

Many groups came to the island over the years, for different purposes. Dharma were there to study/use the energy found there. That's it.

Exactly the same with me. Season one I figured it was purgatory but the producers of the show denied it. I have been watching for 6 years waiting to figure out what the numbers meant etc, but they decided to be lazy and say they were all dead. It was kind of depressing knowing that all these years the people I have been watching were dead. Although they all went to Heaven I don't consider it a happy ending. Dead is depressing no matter how you look at it.

HELP me better understand this!

You need to go back and watch the finale again, or part of it. Check out the last 15 minutes again. Specifically the conversation between Christian Shepard and Jack. They did not die on the island, well some of them did, but not in the plain crash. Everything that happened on the island was real. Jack died in the finale. some of the other people died before him (Juliet, Sun and Jin, Shannon, Boone, Chollie, etc.(and after him) like the people that left the island on the Ajera plane(Sawyer, Kate, Miles, etc.) Also Hurley and Ben stayed on the island presumably for a long time before dying. They were all in a purgatory (sideways world off the island(LA) waiting for each other.

I was overall let down that some of the mysteries and mythology kind of faded away in importance over the last season, but LOST has always been more character driven and full of spiritual seeking (man of faith vs. man of science) to me. And on that level it did not dissapoint.

I thought the ending was ok, but not too great. I thought the explanation of the flash sideways seemed more of a cop out than an original intent. I wonder if the writers started down that path and then had to find a way to explain it later. My opinion on the whole Jacob successor and protecting the light, killing the man in black - I think it all ended a little too quickly and easily in the last episode. For a 7 season show, they basically just used 3 episodes total to deal with what was really the entire theme of it. But, to over-analyze won't help. They flat out state that it was more about the people and relationships than anything else. Let it go, enjoy the ride. My interpretations of answers to your questions:Here is something I might be confused on, is the island purgatory? No. It was what it was, a special island that has some special light that needs to be protected. If you wanted to stretch things you could say that the flash sideways this last season was a form of purgatory, as supposedly the group "found a way" to all be together after they died, before they moved on.What did not being able to get pregnant on the island have to do with anything?Nothing. Sometimes writers write things that might go somewhere, and then don't.If they were already dead on the island how did some of them die again?They weren't already dead. It wasn't purgatory. If Miles Straume was born on the island, does that mean he was never born?Did you watch the last season or the last episode? Not purgatory, real island real people.What did the Dharma Initiative have to do with anything? Or how does it tie in with the ending?Many groups came to the island over the years, for different purposes. Dharma were there to study/use the energy found there. That's it.

You need to go back and watch the finale again, or part of it. Check out the last 15 minutes again. Specifically the conversation between Christian Shepard and Jack. They did not die on the island, well some of them did, but not in the plain crash. Everything that happened on the island was real. Jack died in the finale. some of the other people died before him (Juliet, Sun and Jin, Shannon, Boone, Chollie, etc.(and after him) like the people that left the island on the Ajera plane(Sawyer, Kate, Miles, etc.) Also Hurley and Ben stayed on the island presumably for a long time before dying. They were all in a purgatory (sideways world off the island(LA) waiting for each other. I was overall let down that some of the mysteries and mythology kind of faded away in importance over the last season, but LOST has always been more character driven and full of spiritual seeking (man of faith vs. man of science) to me. And on that level it did not dissapoint.

Thanks guys, I figured it out yesterday. Knowing that they were alive on the island makes the ending better! But some of the mystery should have been explained.

Now that I've had most of the week to calm down, the ending was okay. I'm still not happy with it, but I'll take it for what I paid for it.

I have noticed though in the last week more and more blogs releasing start to finish guides that explain most of the mysteries that seemed unanswered. I'm sure if I started over watching the show now, many things would make more sense.

Now that I've had most of the week to calm down, the ending was okay. I'm still not happy with it, but I'll take it for what I paid for it.

I have noticed though in the last week more and more blogs releasing start to finish guides that explain most of the mysteries that seemed unanswered. I'm sure if I started over watching the show now, many things would make more sense.

Do you have a link to one of these start to finish guides?

Archived