Valet Parking On Gray St.

It is hard to find parking in Midtown and especially hard on Gray in the area of Post. Cyclone Anaya, Fish, and all the other restaurants have started blocking off more and more spaces (metered spaces on public easements) for their valets. I can totally understand having a cone in front to give your valet a place to stand, but how is it legal for them to block all these spaces (usually about 6-7 total) that are on city streets and sell the parking? Also, the pizza place (NY Pizzeria I think) has a sign saying the spaces in front are for their customers only.

Where do you draw the line? Can I build a toll booth on 59 and charge $2 to drive through? It's crazy.

If it has a meter there, you can park. Vallets in Houston have a history of illegally coning off spaces. Park there if it's legal. What are they going to do? Have you towed? If they make the threat, offer to call a police officer to have him explain to them that they can't take the spots without a permit.

If it has a meter there, you can park. Vallets in Houston have a history of illegally coning off spaces. Park there if it's legal. What are they going to do? Have you towed? If they make the threat, offer to call a police officer to have him explain to them that they can't take the spots without a permit.

Editor is correct. I still remember the night I pulled into a metered spot next to Cabo and got the "you can't park here" speech from the valets. I offered to call the cops for them. The cop working the door came outside and verified that I was right. Of course, I spent most of the night wondering if they would key my car.

Editor is correct. I still remember the night I pulled into a metered spot next to Cabo and got the "you can't park here" speech from the valets. I offered to call the cops for them. The cop working the door came outside and verified that I was right. Of course, I spent most of the night wondering if they would key my car.

Reminds me of the guy(s) who would hang out in front of La Carafe and offer (for a few bucks) to tie a balloon to your antenna "So's I can keep an eye on it for you." <_<

As veiled threats go, it was about as subtle as "Nice little business you have here. It would be a shame if something was to happen to it."

• The title was changed to Parking On Gray St. All Blocked Off For Valet
  • The title was changed to Valet Parking On Gray St.

Archived