Fight Between N.o., Houston Students Leads To Scho

mrell32

Fight Between N.O., Houston Students Leads To School Riot

Why can't we all just get along?

http://www.click2houston.com/news/4967912/detail.html

"We are trying to help them and they are coming over here beating up our children. I don't think it's fair," one parent told KPRC Local 2.

"One of the Jones' kids tossed a soft drink can into the group of News Orleans' kids," HISD spokesman Terry Abbot said.

Now is that anyway for us to be treating our guests, parent?

B)

This wouldn't be the first time displaced New Orleansians were causing very serious trouble.

http://www.emorywheel.com/vnews/display.v/...6/431ce7298140a

Seems like you just can't do some people any favors.  And judging by the very trashy attitudes of the displaced that I have met, I have to say I'll be glad when they go back.

That article has nothing to do with the situation at Jesse Jones High. In addition, it appears that "displaced New Orleansians" were not the instigators.

Here-let me post this one more time:"One of the Jones' kids tossed a soft drink can into the group of News Orleans' kids," HISD spokesman Terry Abbot said.

I'm not commenting on anyone's trashy attitudes. I'm only repeating the facts.

B)

Well, they (whomever engineered this marvelous plan) took kids from one ghetto, and transplanted them into another one. We have enough problems with rival cross-town gangs, now we have to deal with "MagNOLiA" vs. Southpark H-Town. Go figure..

I just can't wait until the new "K - trina" rap song drops. :rolleyes:

"Take (the New Orleans students) out of Jones. That's what they need to do and go to their own school. That's what they need to do," Houston parent Carol Rigsby said.

that's greeeaaat...tard

I just saw the 10pm newscast. How pathetic: "They should go to they own school." Indeed how pathetic Mrs. Rigsby.

a little mention about Mayor White's Ministerial Advisory Board

from the article:

The program is being organized through religious communities because they have corps of volunteers called to help, said the Rev. Willie R. Davis, pastor of Greater St. Paul's Missionary Baptist Church.

"That is the mandate of God: Love thy neighbor as thyself," said Davis, president of the ministerial advisory board to Mayor Bill White.

contrast that thought with this one from another member of the Mayor's Ministerial Board, which was enacted under the leadership of Mayor Lee P. Brown:
Robert Muhammad, southwest regional minister of the Nation of Islam, said leaders must address the concerns of Houston students. Muhammad, along with other members of the Ministerial Advisory Board to the mayor of Houston, will be on hand to counsel families at Jones today.

"We must address these legitimate complaints of our children. We can't sweep this under the rug," he said. "Those who have always been the least, the lost in this city (Houston) would feel somewhat neglected.""The welcome mat in Houston is already being pulled back," he said.

http://www.khou.com/news/local/crime/stori...t.5342d5ac.html

Michael Lewis says, from his perspective, the students are just mirroring the frustration of many adults.

"You have ladies that have been trying to get on welfare and food stamps, trying to get government assistance, housing. And then evacuees coming here and getting it instantly," said Lewis. "The whole city is a melting pot."

One incident blown completly out of proportion. We've taken in almost 2000 college students and over 3400 public school students and all anyone can talk about is some Houston vs. NO Thugfest at Jesse Jones? Of course there's going to be trouble. It seems to me, however, that all these new students seem to be getting along pretty well with the regulars and vice versa. It's interesting but not worth the hype KPRC put's on it-and everthing else it seems to consider real "news". [don't EVEN get me started on Ch. 2]

B)

I still think this should be a non-story.

But it's a Ch 2 exclusive BIG STORY.

But the local ghetto rats deserve a few racial slurs today.  There is no doubt in my mind who started this, and it's not the evacuees.

What does race have to do with a bunch of idiots? I'd like to know MidtownCoog, what would be your racial slurs of choice?

Archived