Always offering the very latest, The Woodlands Mall recently welcomed five new, sought-after retailers to the shopping center. Additionally, a number of retailers have been moving to new locations and improving shopping environments for visitors.

Recent additions to the list of retailers include:

Oil & Vinegar, described as a fashion food for food, opened earlier this year on the lower level near the Courtyard Shops. A fun shopping experience for the novice or the gourmet cook, the shelves at Oil & Vinegar are filled with treats such as Italian white truffle oil, raspberry vinegar, pastas, relish, dip and more.

Sona MedSpa, a nationally known luxury spa recently opened in the office component of the shopping center. Sona provides laser hair removal and anti-aging services. The Woodlands Mall is only the second Houston location for one of the nation

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

The Woodlands, Texas -- Offering one of the most dynamic shopping experiences in greater Houston, The Woodlands Mall continues to increase its retail base with the addition of sought-after, national brand stores. In the coming months, Sony Style

• 8 months later...

It's been rumored for a while now that The Woodlands Mall or a nearby location would be getting a Nordstroms. Does anybody know if this is true? I work at Macy's at TWM and my manager said that it was true and Nordstroms was just waiting on a location. But I've also heard that it fell through.

Wow... did anyone notice that the Dallas/Fort Worth area already has 4 Nordstrom locations?... with a fifth on the way.

Austin - with a quarter of the population of Houston - already has one with another coming to the Domain project.

I find it really surprising that they have not announced another location in Houston... with its 5.5 million people and strong income growth in recent years. I really like Nordstrom stores... and am sickened by Macy's killing the Foley's and Marshall Field's names. Whatever mall gets a new Nordstrom location in the Houston area - whether it be existing or new - will undoubtedly benefit.

If they were moving out to the Woodlands Mall I would imagine they would renovate and move into the old Mervyn's building.

the old mervyn's is now home to the woodlands children's museum and a satellite location for the houston museum of natural science.

• 10 months later...

A preview of Americas in the Woodlands

This just in: designers' renderings and opening menu for the second location of Michael Cordua's Americas, his long-awaited project in the Woodlands Mall. get it right allison. the mall is a whole other ball game.

Studio Gaia

Cordua has engaged the architectural firm of Studio Gaia, led by its founder Ilan Waisbrod, to design the modern pan-American restaurant. Waisbrod & company are responsible for such high-profile projects as he W hotels in Seoul and Mexico City; Tao Las Vegas restaurant in the Venetian; the 40/40 Club owned by Jay-Z; and Wave restaurant in the W Chicago hotel. Their style is crisp and (mostly) minimal, with strong linear elements and provocative seating, often including chairs and ottomans in organic egg, pod or hemispherical shapes.

full story & renderings

This place looks amazing - perfect for a relaxing bottle of wine in the bar.

I was speaking to the new management a few weeks ago and the stated a late April opening - can't wait.

I can't wait either! We've been looking forward to this for months. Last time I called, they were anticipating late April/early May.

• 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Went by The Woodlands Mall today and noticed that there are a lot of changes in progress. First and foremost is the addition of a new anchor store, Dick's. It is being added to the south side of the mall, between Dillard's and the outdoor part of the mall.

Second, they have begun adding parking garages to the mall. The first garage is being erected in the east side of Dillard's. According to employees, there will be multiple garages around the mall. This certainly fits in with the master plan. Will have to dig it up and repost it.

Has anybody else noticed the changes? It's nearly impossible to miss.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by wxman
  • Like 3

http://m.yourhoustonnews.com/courier/news/dick-s-sporting-goods-coming-to-the-woodlands-mall/article_1a5dae02-85dd-5925-9c03-1c6d4f877cc2.html?mode=jqm

THE WOODLANDS — Pennsylvania-based Dick’s Sporting Goods will be the newest national retailer to come to The Woodlands and will occupy more than 83,000 square feet of space of The Woodlands Mall current expansion.

The mall also is building a new three-level parking garage. Currently, the mall features about 5,800 surface parking spaces.

Edited by rayjay