No Holocaust for Great Britain

Parrothead

Holocaust Dropped

A British government study says some primary and secondary teachers are dropping lessons about the Holocaust from their history classes out of fear of upsetting students whose beliefs include Holocaust denial.

The teachers worry Muslims might express anti-Semitic and anti-Israel reactions in class. Some teachers also are excluding references to the 11th century crusades in which Christians fought Muslim armies

Never heard or read about this before. I admit I didn't read the article (havent' the time)

I know when my wife was in primary and secondary she had to take a religion awareness class. The class would go to Mosques, Churches, Temples ect. to learn about different religions.

Edit: Just asked my wife about the source she said "The daily mail is a s#@t source,... it's a tabloid paper"

I have said this before.......

The mounting antisemitism and anti Israel behavior thats occuring in Europe is due large in part to the huge influx from the middle east and north Africa. In my work i often deal with politicians in Britain and Germany. I have heard, unofficially, that many of them dont believe in or support that anti-semitic docturine, but they keep hush in order not to make waves. In other words, they are afraid. One would only have to look at the firestorm of hatred that occurred over a cartoon to see the agenda thats being carried out there. Sad is the day when you began to feel like a stranger in your own land.

Never heard or read about this before. I admit I didn't read the article (havent' the time)

I know when my wife was in primary and secondary she had to take a religion awareness class. The class would go to Mosques, Churches, Temples ect. to learn about different religions.

Edit: Just asked my wife about the source she said "The daily mail is a s#@t source,... it's a tabloid paper"

Pick any news organization, you'll see it. It's all over the place.

BTW, the Daily Mail is just as reputable as the Houston Chronicle (tongue planted firmly in cheek). It is owned by Associated Newspapers, Ltd, who also own The Evening Standard. It is not a rag.

Like I mentioned I haven't heard of this story here in England yet, but I admit my local news watching isn't done until after midnight. I for one don't know about this paper(loads here), just relaying what my wife and now Uni friends have mentioned about the paper.

I'm sure their will be a big "brooh hah" if the plan to cut out this part of the curriculum actually materializes. There are always stories like this, not too different than the Houston Chronicle mentioning a proposed bill to teach

All you have to do is check out the report yourself to see that the Daily Mail is full of it, and staffed by people who cannot read. Schools are not dropping lessons on the Holocaust or any other controversial issues. It's all just a boring set of guidlines to help schools' approach to teaching these things. Some editor zoomed into the section on the Holocaust and came up with that idiot conclusion.

All you have to do is check out the report yourself to see that the Daily Mail is full of it, and staffed by people who cannot read. Schools are not dropping lessons on the Holocaust or any other controversial issues. It's all just a boring set of guidlines to help schools' approach to teaching these things. Some editor zoomed into the section on the Holocaust and came up with that idiot conclusion.

Thanks for the link westguy.

It's not just from the DAILY MAIL, hello? :rolleyes: It was on CNN, FoxNews, and BBC News. Are they all full of it too? :lol: Your link is from the Historical Society on how to DEAL with teaching these subjects (and all 48 pages of it, ugh!). It's pretty well known by now that there are schools that are dropping these subjects, period. You can't deny that. The topic isn't "UK Schools MAY drop" it is that they HAVE. Even your study claims one Northern UK school dropped it.

The bottom line is that ALL history needs to be taught, good or bad, pretty and ugly. Do you at least agree with that, westguy?

• 2 weeks later...

Check out the Snopes article here: http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/holocaust.asp

It's not just from the DAILY MAIL, hello? :rolleyes: It was on CNN, FoxNews, and BBC News. Are they all full of it too? :lol: Your link is from the Historical Society on how to DEAL with teaching these subjects (and all 48 pages of it, ugh!). It's pretty well known by now that there are schools that are dropping these subjects, period. You can't deny that. The topic isn't "UK Schools MAY drop" it is that they HAVE. Even your study claims one Northern UK school dropped it.

The bottom line is that ALL history needs to be taught, good or bad, pretty and ugly. Do you at least agree with that, westguy?

If that is true, then every single news organization that ran that story as if it were fact need to be held accountable, IMHO.

Or maybe you can stop putting all your stock into TV broadcasted news, and instead use the internet to its full potential, IMHO.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived