Teeny Tiney Hidden Thingies

Mystkitty

I remember a long time ago, probably early 80s, there was an article in one of the papers about these miniature - I guess you'd call them works of art - around Houston that very few people knew about. They were right there to be looked at if you only knew they were there. I have a very poor memory so I can't say what they were but I think at least one was a tiny skyline.

Does anyone remember these? Know anything about them?

Jeanne

The only unusual art exhibit that stands out for me was when someone or org. created those cows made of hard plastic and placed throughout Houston. Some were polk a dotted, striped and in various colors. I think to promote Rodeo? Then they were auctioned and few are seen in various establishments in the area. They weren't tiny though! :)

That was the Cow Parade - it was a nationwide thing, not just limited to Houston. There was an article in the Chronicle earlier this week about the Rodeo installing six-foot-tall, brightly-painted fiberglass cowboy boots all over town to promote the 75th anniversary of the event this year.

That was the Cow Parade - it was a nationwide thing, not just limited to Houston. There was an article in the Chronicle earlier this week about the Rodeo installing six-foot-tall, brightly-painted fiberglass cowboy boots all over town to promote the 75th anniversary of the event this year.

I assume these will be similar to the 2004 MLB All-Star game boots that were placed in downtown

I know I've seen these tall "yellow" looking trees with different colored spikes at the top placed around Houston. There use to be a couple at the intersection of 610 W and I-10 before they started doing construction. There's one or two on the east bound side of I-10 just west of downtown. Has anyone else seen these?

I know I've seen these tall "yellow" looking trees with different colored spikes at the top placed around Houston. There use to be a couple at the intersection of 610 W and I-10 before they started doing construction. There's one or two on the east bound side of I-10 just west of downtown. Has anyone else seen these?<<'The G-Team'

I remember seeing the one at 610. I just thought it was some kind of public art although you really had to be looking for it to see it.

I know I've seen these tall "yellow" looking trees with different colored spikes at the top placed around Houston. There use to be a couple at the intersection of 610 W and I-10 before they started doing construction. There's one or two on the east bound side of I-10 just west of downtown. Has anyone else seen these?<<'The G-Team'

I remember seeing the one at 610. I just thought it was some kind of public art although you really had to be looking for it to see it.

They are public art, i forgot who the artist was but they are on I10 there is some close to the intersection of I10 and I45 on both sides. It was in the Houston Chronicle a few years back. He had more in diffrent areas of town.

• The title was changed to Teeny Tiney Hidden Thingies