Favorite US city, why?

"New York City is the Capital of the World!"

I always end up hollering that out loud, obnoxiously, whenever I drink too much.

I don't know why. I've only been to New York once.

But I had a great time!

Besides, it must be good, if all those sitcoms filmed in Los Angeles are set in NYC!

Chicago in the fall.

Houston in the spring.

New York in the winter.

Los Angeles in the summer.

Hard one... I havent really made up my mind. Never been to San Fran but I think I would like it.

NYC is nuts and so concrete. Never really liked it myself.

Miami is awesome but hard to live there. GREAT place to visit. I lived there for over 10 years.

Maybe I would pick Fort Lauderdale Florida.

I am still trying to figure out whats so great about Houston. I found a couple of places I like over the 8 months I have been in town.

I posted on the Heights page about my new house purchase that I was very excited about.

It got over 300 veiws and NO ONE posted a congratulations or a welcome to the neighborhood???

Hard one... I havent really made up my mind. Never been to San Fran but I think I would like it.

NYC is nuts and so concrete. Never really liked it myself.

Miami is awesome but hard to live there. GREAT place to visit. I lived there for over 10 years.

Maybe I would pick Fort Lauderdale Florida.

I am still trying to figure out whats so great about Houston. I found a couple of places I like over the 8 months I have been in town.

I posted on the Heights page about my new house purchase that I was very excited about.

It got over 300 veiws and NO ONE posted a congratulations or a welcome to the neighborhood???

I don't live in the Heights neighborhood, in metropolitan Houston or even in Texas, so can't extend a welcome, but I can congratulate on your new house purchase. Kudos!

Back to the topic. Of the cities or metropolitan areas in which I've actually lived, my favorites are in order:

New York

Boston

Washington, DC

Philadelphia

San Francisco

Cities I like but in which I've never lived

Chicago

Houston

Seattle

• 1 month later...

My top citys are Houston because of Its diffrent skylines, one of the most under rated shopping areas in the country, diverse population, the mega suburbs of the city, all of the great food, and that it is still growing faster than most other US cities and not giving up its identity during the process. I could go on all day about Houston I am in love with her :wub: . And a not to long ride down to the beach.

Portland/ Seattle There all by there self in the Northwest and why the citys are so much the same to me. Seattle has more of its own identity because it has the bigger population. I love the skyline of Seattle with all the water, skyscrapers, and the Mouantains in the background. Portland skyline pretty much the same on a smaller scale. Portland area Has one of the most beautiful University in the nation in Eugene the University of Oregon. The temperature of the two are great and I love the rain for the most part(high 80s low 90s is Hot!).

New York City because it is New York City. The shopping, History, skyline, the food mainly Pizza for me. The energy of the city with all the cabs, cars and tour buses on the street, the busy side walks. The way they love their yankees. The lights of Time Square. Even though I thought NYC was overrated it is still a great place to visit. Would never live there unless I had to.

• 4 months later...

My favorite city, hands-down, is Tampa, FL.

It's nothing like the SE coast of Florida (Miami-FLL) which is a GOOD thing. It's much more relaxed, family-friendly. In many ways, it's what's left of the "Old Florida". Not too big, not too small. One of the world's best airports. The area has some of the finest beaches in the entire world; several local beaches consistently make the "best beaches" list. Great watersports. Boater's heaven. Wonderful climate, they call it the "Suncoast" for a reason. Close to the cultural center of Sarasota. Just over an hour's drive to Disney & all the Orlando theme parks. Excellent food, especially seafood & Cuban/spanish food. Good cigars too. Incredible nightlife. Gasparilla. And finally - the stadium has a pirate ship in it!!

In many ways, Tampa is a smaller version of Houston, but with better beaches (if you even consider Galveston a beach), prettier water, and less pollution.

#1: Santa Fe, New Mexico. why?.. the history, the climate, the smell, the pure air, the light (definitely different than the rest of the world), the food, the architeture, the laid back lifesyle. Lived there, miss it a lot.

#2: San Francisco..climate, culture, lfestyle (family still there, lived there for 5 years)

#3: Pasadena CA.. architecture, lifestyle.

#4: Denver.. climate, snow (sking nearby), geography (live there for 15 total years)

#5: Houston.. money, job, friends...

Archived