Why Southwest Houston?

Vertigo58

I'd have to say blame the apartments. Low income apartments are magnets for crime...no matter where in the city they are.

I used to live in SW Houston (or is it considered West Houston ... Beltway 8 @ Westheimer) and part of the problem ... I hate to say this ... is that after Katrina there was a LARGE influx of residents. I lived at the generally safe Camden Westchase, but it got pretty weird over there really quick.

I moved to North Houston to be closer to work, but if that was any indication of how other complexes have become, it will get worse before it gets better.

**I do not mean to taint all Katrina evacuees with a broad stroke and to be sure, there was crime before they got here, but many contributed to it.***

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, 7 A.M. is kinda borderline between "unsafe hour" and "safe hour." Now, if that happened at noon...
Now you're just nitpicking. 7am is as safe a time of the day as noon is.
First, SW Houston, as it is lovingly referred to is HUGE. It is the largest geographic area of Houston. I-10 on the north, I-45 to the east, First Colony/Sugarland on the south (and Sugarland is starting to be considered part of SW Houston lately), and out to Dairy Ashford and even hwy-6 according to some on the west. It is a fairly densely populated area as well.
I would modify your definitions of Southwest Houston to say anything south of Westheimer, west of I-610/South Post Oak, north of Beltway 8/West Belfort, and east of Highway 6.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived