Westgreen Blvd. In Katy

ekarl17

I did not mean to offend, just keep in mind when I first moved out there in 1983, there was absolutely nothing except a Safeway on the south side of 10 and a Gerlands on Mason. So when I read through this I thought my friend who bought a house in the area was kinda nuts.

if you mind your own business...expose your child to a variety of things other than a suburban paradise things will be ok....

again...if that's bad I grew up in Iraq...

but partly kids now are a product of parent's success and these kids have way more access to things now then we ever did at an early age...

In 5th grade I had a Nintendo with games so basic you got tired of them if played them too much so going outside was a way to get rid of your energy. A computer was a nothing but a fancy word processor....Internet? what was that?

Fifth graders now have access to XBOX360s, internet, etc. and parents continue to buy them and basically kill whatever creativity a kid may have

Outside of interacting with kids at school....interacting with the neighborhood was a big part of social development as it helped me find out rights and wrongs at an early age...

• The title was changed to Westgreen Blvd. In Katy