The Irani-American War

nmm

U.S. plans envision broad attack on Iran: analyst

Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:49pm ET28

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. contingency planning for military action against Iran's nuclear program goes beyond limited strikes and would effectively unleash a war against the country, a former U.S. intelligence analyst said on Friday.

"I've seen some of the planning ... You're not talking about a surgical strike," said Wayne White, who was a top Middle East analyst for the State Department's bureau of intelligence and research until March 2005.

"You're talking about a war against Iran" that likely would destabilize the Middle East for years, White told the Middle East Policy Council, a Washington think tank.

"We're not talking about just surgical strikes against an array of targets inside Iran. We're talking about clearing a path to the targets" by taking out much of the Iranian Air Force, Kilo submarines, anti-ship missiles that could target commerce or U.S. warships in the Gulf, and maybe even Iran's ballistic missile capability, White said.

"I'm much more worried about the consequences of a U.S. or Israeli attack against Iran's nuclear infrastructure," which would prompt vigorous Iranian retaliation, he said, than civil war in Iraq, which could be confined to that country.

President George W. Bush has stressed he is seeking a diplomatic solution to the dispute over Iran's nuclear program. . . . . .

MORE:

http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews....=rss&rpc=22

U.S. plans envision broad attack on Iran: analyst

Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:49pm ET28

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. contingency planning for military action against Iran's nuclear program goes

I take issue with the title of the thread. Anglos are not the only ethnicity in the United States and Persians are not the only ethnicity in Iran. Nor is either ethnic group confined to those political boundaries.

Is it your belief that the potential for war is in some way related to ethnicity or race? :huh:

I take issue with the title of the thread. Anglos are not the only ethnicity in the United States and Persians are not the only ethnicity in Iran. Nor is either ethnic group confined to those political boundaries.

Is it your belief that the potential for war is in some way related to ethnicity or race? :huh:

I'd agree with you to an extent. While WE may not see it that way, it's those in the middle east that believe it's more of an anglo/persian war. They also see it as a Religious war, which I believe is probably more accurate.

I'd bet there are contingency plans to attack England, or even Canada. Uh, especially Canada!

We should be prepared for all possibilities, and not just probabilities.

Yep. There are contingency plans for all sorts of situations. Can you imagine the press firestorm that would result if the press figured out that we've got a plan to deal with hostile military incursions from Mexico?

They also see it as a Religious war, which I believe is probably more accurate.

I am Iranian, and I don't see it as a relgious war, rather who has power in the world. They, like Korea, know they will get respect, in the form of fear, if they too have enriched uranium.

I, too, take issue to the thread title. I am also baffled by the point the poster is trying to make.

Sounds more like a news posting rather than taking sides or having an opinion about the article at hand.

I gave this one (1) star too, like many other, pointless thread.

I am Iranian, and I don't see it as a relgious war, rather who has power in the world. They, like Korea, know they will get respect, in the form of fear, if they too have enriched uranium.

Sounds more like a news posting rather than taking sides or having an opinion about the article at hand.

I gave this one (1) star too, like many other, pointless thread.

The thing is, you may not see it as a religious war, but THEY (the Extremists) are the ones that see this as a religious war.

If you have seen what The President of Iran has been saying as of late, it's been rather eye catching.

Just recently, he said that a single nuke could take out isreal. That's one of his more interesting statements for the past few months.

Does your picture mean you are mostly Democratic? :unsure:

You mean "Democrat". The US is "Democratic". ;)

To answer your question, though--nope. I was actually 22% Democrat but only when I answered that I shop at Whole Foods :lol: It changed when I took that out to 17%. People who think I am a raging Bush/Coulter-loving conservative don't know what they're talking about half the time, so it's no surprise.

I don't know what the rest is, probably independent? :)

• 3 weeks later...

Gates says, "I don't know how many times the president, secretary [of state Condoleezza] Rice and I have had to repeat that we have no intention of attacking Iran."

That is not a denial of planning. It is a statement of intent, or rather the lack thereof. It would be irresponsible not to plan for all plausible contingencies.

• 2 weeks later...
:angry: I hope any attack on Iran is targeted at that ranting witch from years back, exuse me, the "student hostage taker". Didn't they elect her as Vice President or something like that some time later. I hated her then and I still hate her now. I'd love to see her guts splattered all over a CNN camera lens. Sorry folks, but I will never forgive those bastards for taking our people hostage. What a bunch of cowards! :angry2:

:angry: I hope any attack on Iran is targeted at that ranting witch from years back, exuse me, the "student hostage taker". Didn't they elect her as Vice President or something like that some time later. I hated her then and I still hate her now. I'd love to see her guts splattered all over a CNN camera lens. Sorry folks, but I will never forgive those bastards for taking our people hostage. What a bunch of cowards! :angry2:

Fellow Iranians in the room here, tone it down. :rolleyes:

Who are you talking about anyways, Christiane Amanpour?, I think she is great!

Not into games, my friend.

Rather read TIME magazine, or the Cambridge History series.

Its not a game, its a forum, where other panic prone individuals post far-fetched (or doomsday) articles about anything from wars that can start any second, to the Mayan Calendar ending December 23rd, 2012. It was a sincere suggestion, since those ideas use to interest me.

Archived